GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Fruits and Veggies
Fruits and Veggies
Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
10:27:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about fruits and veggies, is everyone just buying normal fruits and veggies from the store or do they have to be organic? I cant find information on weather the fruits and veggies needed for the diet are organic or not. Thank you all. My two gliders will be on the Priscilla price diet/ TPG diet for now.
Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
11:01:14 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I get frozen veggies from the freezer section of store, bagged frozen peas, mixed veggies, butternut squash, 3 berry mix.
I get fresh fruit, apples, pears, mango, etc and get organic if possible or wash well if not organic then cut up and freeze.
Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
11:09:33 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I feed bml, I use frozen veg unless we are eating a veg they can have for dinner then some fresh veg is reserved for them.

I usually use fresh fruit, I do try to keep a frozen fruit or two in the freezer as a back up or lazy night if I don't feel like cutting up fresh fruit.

If your planning on using tpg, it all gets frozen anyway so frozen or fresh is up to you really. The most important thing with that diet is using their supplement to make it balanced.

I also want to say, I commend you on the questions you have been asking and doing your research in advance to getting your gliders. It sounds like you will be very well prepared for your future gliders!!

Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
11:11:17 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I think the choice is up to you. If you have the desire to buy everything fresh and organic, and cut it all up yourself, that's great. I, personally, don't find that necessary.
Food, Diet
Jan 02 2017
12:12:00 PM
Evilleprechaun Starting Member 2 Posts
thank you all for the replies and input greatly appreciated. Yes I do tons of research on any new family member I plan on getting.
Fruits and Veggies

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Fruits and Veggies