Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No longer bonded?
No longer bonded?
Question
Jan 05 2017
12:47:51 AM
I have had Finn for a year now. He is bonded to me. I can take him anywhere without having him in a bag and know he will not run away. If someone is holding him he will jump from them to me and then go straight down my shirt. When ever I open the cage door he always jumps on me. I let him play in my room a lot with supervision. When I want to hold him I can pick him up no problem. He even jumps and plays on me.

I haven't held him for four days for a solid period of time. I took him out for about ten minutes yesterday and he was fine. Today I cleaned my room and made sure there wasn't anything he could get into and took him out. He was like a whole different glider. He was scared of me. Trying to hide from me. I got him back in the cage and he immediately ran to the opposite side. What happened? My mom thinks he might have had a bad dream, but idk.

He is very socialized. I hold him almost everyday unless I'm out of town or super busy which isn't often. What did I do wrong?

Edited by - lilsistar on Jan 05 2017 12:50:10 AM
Question
Jan 05 2017
10:41:28 AM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
Honestly it could be a number of things. Did you change your deodorant? Change the soap smell you use? Did you clean your room with a chemical that remained on your hands and he could smell it? Was it too bright in your room? Was it a different time of day? Gliders are very sensitive. I don't think he would just be not bonded one day. Try again later on or tomorrow and see if he has the same reaction.
Question
Jan 05 2017
11:36:56 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
could be different smell.
my gliders do get spooked sometimes, different sounds like plastic wrap or anything that could make a snake like sound.
My wife's glider is very bonded to her, but sometimes he just wants to be with the others in the sleeping pouch and he will run from her and get back in pouch will all the others, while some days he won't leave her shirt and if she puts him in cage he will just jump back in her shirt.
Question
Jan 05 2017
04:41:33 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I think it might have been my new PJs. I haven't washed them yet and it's the first time wearing them so they don't smell like me. I ended up putting my hand up to the cage for a bit. Bell came up to it and was fine so Finn then followed her lead. He sniffed my hand and was like himself again. I took them out and he peed on me and marked them like crazy.

It was his first time doing that. I've gotten new clothes before and he's been around lots of new people so his actions were very unusual. He's very social and enjoys playing with new people during play time. He's better now.
No longer bonded?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No longer bonded?