Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Fecal testing question
Fecal testing question
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2017
02:44:48 PM
After the first wellness check as well as the first fecal test is it possible to just do a mail in fecal test for the second test 30 days later? I'm asking because there's not a vet that is super close by that deals with sugar gliders. Also the pricing for the vet visit for 3 is super expensive on top of the fecal test. Thanks for any help!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2017
07:40:52 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
It depends on the clinic. Some places will let you, some don't do that. If you need a second fecal done and they won't let you mail, you still don't need another exam, you can just drop it off at the clinic and it will only be the cost of a fecal. I recommend calling them and asking for their policy
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2017
10:14:42 PM
penny thibodeau Starting Member Visit penny thibodeau's Photo Album 0 Posts
Our vet did fecal on all our gliders at once so it only cost the price of one...if it came out bad we would have to narrow it down,but she's great at trying to save money when we can! And normally you only need to do fecal once a year..
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 08 2017
12:19:57 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
Penny, the reason you need to do two fecals about 30 days apart during quarantine (which is only right when you get them) is because some parasites only show up in fecal samples during specific parts of their life cycle, and that means while you may not see them in the first sample you may see them a few weeks later.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 08 2017
05:45:44 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Also, if your feeding a diet that includes bee pollen you need to inform the vet of that. ( HPW and Tpg both have bee pollen )

Bee Pollen can give a false read on fecal testing and look like parasites.

Fecal testing question

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Fecal testing question