GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider HATES me
Glider HATES me
Question
Jan 10 2017
09:44:51 AM
Hello!
I have had female gliders for about 2 years. Sadly, a few months ago one of my gliders passed from seizures. I adopted 2 new female gliders that are about 6 months old to bond with my 2 year old female that I still had.
One of the girls immediately bonded to me, is very comfortable with me. The other one though HATES me. I've tried everything. She has NO interest in treats. When I get near their cage she immediately starts crabbing, and if I stick my hand in the cage she will bat at me and lunge at me trying to bite me.
I've spent all the time with her that I can trying to get her to bond with no changes in her behavior whatsoever.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
Question
Jan 10 2017
10:18:01 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Question
Jan 10 2017
08:53:03 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I have found this to be the hardest part of glider parenthood. It took months before my female bonded to me. She lunged, crabbed, bit, etc. All I can say is to keep at it. Your patience will pay off. Keep doing what you're doing and she will come around. The video Leela sent is extremely helpful. My little one is so snugly and affectionate now. And guess what? I really miss hearing her crab now
Glider HATES me

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider HATES me