Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Exotic Nutrition
Exotic Nutrition
Information
Jan 10 2017
08:30:26 PM
I have ordered many products from Exotic Nutrition and have been very pleased. However, I'm concerned that they're still selling the wodent wheel and leashes. Both are extremely dangerous for sugar gliders. Also, any thoughts about the Congo cage vs. Brisbane?
Information
Jan 10 2017
08:32:56 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
That site is awesome for cages but nothing else in my opinion.

I have 2 brisbanes and love them, the only thing i don't like about them is the latch. It will look like it's latched when it's not, you physically have to tug on the door to make sure.
Information
Jan 11 2017
10:51:57 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thanks for the tip
Information
Jan 12 2017
03:15:17 PM
Minadog77 Glider Visit Minadog77's Photo Album 59 Posts
I ordered my cage from exotic nutrition about five months ago. Within the first month it had already began leaking rust juice from the inside out, due to the acidity of the sugar glider pee. I got the peak roof cage though. If you are considering buying another cage the only cage I have been impressed with online are the hybrid bird cages www.customcages.com/hybrid-bird.html they are a little pricy though. Also consider homemade cages if you are confident in your carpentry skills. Thats what I did and I love my cage! That is just my personal Experience though.
Information
Jan 12 2017
05:17:59 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I agree with everything Leela said!
Information
Jan 12 2017
07:13:08 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thank you all. Very helpful suggestions!
Information
Jan 13 2017
07:16:06 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Generally, glider people order the Brisbane, Congo or Madagascar cages from exotic nutrition. They are known to be good quality, heavy wire cages that last a long time.

The peaked roof cage... I'm not sure how heavy the wire is, I don't know anyone else that has one to see it first hand. If it's the flimsy wire like used on flight cages that would be why it rusted so quickly.

Congo vs Brisbane the brisbane can be doubled side by side, the congo can be doubled back to back.

Congo Measurements: 52 inches tall (67.5 inches tall on the stand), 32 inches wide, and 21 inches deep. Can hold 3 - 4 Gliders comfortably.

Brisbane Measurements: 36 inches tall (63 inches tall on the stand) x 33 inches wide x 22 inches deep. Can house 2 - 3 Gliders comfortably.

Congo is a hair taller but also a hair narrower, both are made with the same gauge wire, same latches, I think the difference really is just the measurements otherwise about the same cage.

Exotic Nutrition

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Exotic Nutrition