GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hyper glider help
Hyper glider help
Question
Jan 16 2017
02:49:04 AM
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are fairly new to caring for a sugar glider. We have had buttercup for about two months and so far the experience has been great. We've done a ton of research and have questioned every aspect of whether or not we're doing things "right". We feed her with a bit of a modified version of the Priscilla diet and use pocket pets kibble and vitamin supplement. She is extremely active, and seems to be good weight.
We try to spend time with buttercup everyday, at least 30 minutes to an hour in the pouch during the day while she's sleeping and the same before we go to bed while she's awake. The bonding process is going kind of slow but we're getting there one day at a time.
Our biggest problem is how to manage the awake time. Buttercup is extremely active, which I know is a good thing. She jumps back and forth between us and crawls all over us. The problem is that when she gets bored of that, after about 15 minutes, she wants to run to the floor to explore. She loves to chew everything and run under couches which we have fortunately always been quick to recover her from. My question is how do other people play with their hyper gliders? I've read about using a tent but in our small living room that's difficult. Any ideas or suggestions will help, we love our glider and want to be able to spend optimal time with her while she's awake!
Thanks for your replies

Edited by - Intymax on Jan 16 2017 02:59:13 AM
Question
Jan 16 2017
12:26:01 PM
minime3 Glider Visit minime3's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
I am also fairly new to owning a sugar glider. Ive only had Minnie for 3 months. One thing that jumped out at me from your post is the diet. It is very important that you feed the correct supplements with whatever diet you are feeding. The Priscilla price diet has it's own supplement that you must use with the recipe. it is also important that you don't modify the recipe. follow the recipe from the website. ( the fruits and veggies have increased by 1 cup each)Mixing the diet and supplements can be harmful to your glider.
Sugar gliders are also much more active at night. Minnie is very docile during the day but by night she is very hyper also and seems like a whole other animal! Maybe play with her more during the day when she is less active until she is more use to you. Does she have a wheel?
I'm sure other more experienced owners can give you more advice. There is a lot of misinformation when it comes to sugar gliders so it's important to keep researching. This is a good forum with lots of good advice. good luck and welcome to the glider world!
Question
Jan 16 2017
12:48:11 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
If you can glider-proof a bathroom that would be a good place to do bonding.
Hyper glider help

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hyper glider help