Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
death of one gliider from a pair
Question
Jan 16 2017
09:56:18 AM
I have two Gliders (brothers). One was found dead last night. I cannot bear to watch the other search around the cage looking for him. What will I do? I would buy another but don't know where to buy as my son bought these and he is out of the country now.
Question
Jan 16 2017
12:55:18 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I wouldn't be in any hurry to get another cagemate, wait and see how he adjusts to being alone. Just don't rush into anything.

I lost a female on New Years day, and the lone male is still adjusting. I have noticed that he wakes up much earlier than he used to. We have not really bonded even though I have had him 4 years. I am renewing my efforts to make friends with this shy boy.
Question
Jan 16 2017
01:28:12 PM
MaekjusMommy Joey Visit MaekjusMommy's Photo Album 45 Posts
The first thing i'd do, is to take your live glider to the vet. Make sure he is healthy. I know how you feel but you have to stay calm. After you take him to the vet, get tests done and (hopefully) he is healthy, you can worry about getting a cagemate. If your current baby is healthy he wont drop dead, he will be lonely though. Spend as much time with him as possible. When he's sleeping in his pouch you can stick your hand in and let him cuddle it. When you are ready, you can find gliders on facebook buy and sell for exotics, craigslist, breeders in your area or online. I'm sorry for your loss.

Edited by - MaekjusMommy on Jan 16 2017 01:29:27 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders