Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Eggs from pet birds
Eggs from pet birds
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2017
11:32:05 AM
So my uncle has a cockatiel that lays like crazy. I was just curios if anyone else has birds, if they lay eggs, do you give them to your suggies? And how?
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2017
03:49:31 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Interesting question! I bet they would love them, and I can't think of any reason why not. Hopefully someone has some first hand knowledge on the subject!
Food, Diet
Jan 19 2017
11:17:24 AM
Feffles Starting Member 4 Posts
I think it would be fine, we give our girls boiled eggs as a treat, and they love them!! Just cook them first, by either boiling or scrambling them.
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2017
10:13:49 AM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
This question has been asked before and no one's come out and said "Oh yes this is fine", but people do say they don't see why it WOULDN'T be fine lol. I have never seen a post about eggs from their pet bird harming the glider that ate it, so I don't think it'd be a problem.
Food, Diet
Jan 26 2017
11:33:21 AM
ShyMayahMom Joey 15 Posts
Sorry to post and run. Been away for a while. My mom just invested in 10 finches, so it's my guess we'll be swimming in eggs, soon. I guess these are the perfect size, too! I've never wanted to give a whole one, because, well, big chicken, big egg. But it should be interesting to see what they do with finch eggs! I'll post when we finally have some, and let you know what happens!!!
Eggs from pet birds

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Eggs from pet birds