Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pocket Pets
Pocket Pets
Question
Jan 22 2017
07:28:24 AM
So, I've been a little concerned lately about pocket pets. I've seen in a lot of places people are saying that they are a terrible source for food and information, heck, this site even has their URL banned! I've tried some of their tips, and they work, I haven't purchased any products, but I have spent ours on their site doing research for my suggie, but only now am I reading about this mean stuff they do.

I'm very confused now, what should I trust or believe?
Question
Jan 22 2017
09:53:51 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Trust your own experience.

Pocket Pets is a very controversial topic. Some folks have great experiences with them and some do not. Some have opinions about PP without having any personal experience with them at all.

I don't personally have any experience with them, but I'm not one to bash them either. There are things I like about them and things I don't like about them.

One thing you will find is that no matter where you ask this whether its on this forum or another group or forum you are going to get mixed opinions. Some are going to be very heated and nasty some will treat you like a victim some will understand and be more open.

There is one group and only one group that I know of in the glider community ( not ran by PP ) that is completely Pocket Pet neutral. They neither promote nor bash Pocket pets, nor do they treat the PP owners as victims. It is a safe place to ask questions without getting mocked or bashed and get other PP owner experiences and opinions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/847319852005676/

PP food "glider gravy" is actually repackaged critter love hpw a very well known and widely used diet.

I don't shop at PP, so I can't really tell you about their products. What I can say is PP is a very large company, and they have a lot of products to make money. PP has a pretty long history that many people don't know about, I didn't either but once I was told about the history it put a lot of things into a different perspective for me.

Be careful adopting other peoples beliefs as your own simply because you read it somewhere online. Educate yourself then come up with your own belief and opinion about it. There are many parrots in this community with many opinions, and that is all they are opinions....... most often if you ask those people for proof they don't have any.

Edited by - Leela on Jan 22 2017 10:01:46 AM
Question
Jan 23 2017
06:08:22 AM
Pine Joey Visit Pine's Photo Album 22 Posts
Thank you, Leela, and is there any way I can find out PP's history that you mentioned?
Question
Jan 23 2017
10:02:36 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I got my information from Bourbon, she is a veteran in the glider community.

I almost started to tell you what she told me, butttttttt I forget somethings or don't word it correctly and I don't want to add to the already abundance of inaccurate information about them and I don't remember all the links she sent me to read.

Give her a message on facebook and ask her about it and for resources that you can go read on your own and why they are so disliked by so many https://www.facebook.com/bourbonh?qsefr=1

She is another PP neutral person, she does not promote them nor does she bash them, she does however give accurate information about them, AND is the person that wrote some of the bonding methods PP uses on their sites.

Edited by - Leela on Jan 23 2017 10:04:33 AM
Pocket Pets

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pocket Pets