GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Best feeling ever!!
Best feeling ever!!
Behavior
Jan 23 2017
11:09:49 PM
*Warning, long story*
I've been trying to teach my 5 year old how to glide since I got him... it's a long journey lol. It was difficult to even get him to jump, but now he jumps no hesitation! So I've been increasing the size of the jump (from my arm to a large bed) and this time he missed and landed on the floor. Of course I checked him out, made sure nothing hurt and he was moving around fine.... and my roommate started laughing so loudly that my dorm room "manager" came in to see what in the world happened. She brought her friend, and of course they fell in love with Tveit instantly.

So he's super shy. He won't crawl on anyone except me, and even sometimes bites people just for petting him. THIS TIME he was super curious and interested. He sniffed them, tested out a paw on them a few times.. and then crawled onto one of them!!! AHHHH!!!! He walked around a bit and then looked at me, so I took him back. He proceeded to crawl on them and back to me for about 30 minutes before he got tired and buried his little head into my friend's elbow! I took him back and he ran for my pocket, playtime over.

*Long story short*
My boy is becoming more social!! AND he knows I'm his momma, and always comes back to me! Even though he missed the jump, we'll keep working on it.
Behavior
Jan 28 2017
11:46:54 PM
Minxies Glider Visit Minxies's Photo Album Minxies's Journal 51 Posts
That's fantastic your boy is becoming more social!

I know with my two lovely ladies, I deliberately will pick them up, and sit them on whomever is visiting (within reason, mind you. If either the human or glider shows distress I won't)

Grats to Tveit for that big step!<3

Best feeling ever!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Best feeling ever!!