Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
NINE!!!
NINE!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2017
04:08:07 PM
It has been a busy few months here. In August, I had no gliders. In September, I had three. October? Four. November? Seven. Now in January? Nine. Nine! Musette and Melisande joined the household on the 23rd, and happily moved in with my single, Maverick, who I'd been trying to integrate into my first colony for months with no success.

It amazes me how much personality is contained in these nine furry little bodies. Unbelievable. The arrival of the last two has helped distract me from the loss of my father to Alzheimer's on the 20th, and they are the sweetest little girls I've ever seen.

So many people think it's difficult to care for these guys, and I can't say I understand why. Sure, there's a learning curve because they're fairly new pets in the US, and not as common as a dog or cat, but there's a curve with every animal. I'm so grateful to finally have gliders, and I adore them! But nine is my limit!!!

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 29 2017
02:46:10 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
That's insane!! How do you handle out of cage play??
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 29 2017
11:36:59 PM
arcticfurmom Joey Visit arcticfurmom's Photo Album CO, USA 22 Posts
One colony at a time in the tent!! It actually works out pretty well if I can catch them while they're still sleeping. Grab the sleep pouch, insert into bonding pouch, move into tent. When they're tired, they go back into the bonding pouch on their own, I move them back to their cage and get the next colony!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 30 2017
09:27:26 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
only Nine lol I remember a time with just nine. Bu then I am just as happy with 30 if i had too, not that i got that kind of room or money lol)
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 30 2017
06:00:16 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I told the wife, I'm happy with 10, NO more. JUST TEN!!! NO MORE!!
2 cages - 7 in one and 3 in other cage.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 30 2017
11:23:53 PM
arcticfurmom Joey Visit arcticfurmom's Photo Album CO, USA 22 Posts
@mechnut I wish I could afford that many too!

@BYK_Chainsaw I'm pretty sure I'm done adding gliders to the household now!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 31 2017
08:11:39 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

I told the wife, I'm happy with 10, NO more. JUST TEN!!! NO MORE!!
2 cages - 7 in one and 3 in other cage.

lol 2 cages I not had 2 cages since we gotten second pair. I ma at right now 5 cages. 2 cages of pairs, a cage of a trio and the ,main cage(this is 2x ph f050 cages put together so one longer 6ft long cage ) that holds 6

( with one in a pocket-pet cage until we figure out why she attacking everyone suddenly.)

I think we had up to 13 glider with only 8 at the time our personal gliders. We are not at 13 personal gliders and I had to refuse ot accept anymore in until we can win the lottery. but I spend a couple hours as day with them in the tent at night so much fun or in the bathroom.
NINE!!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
NINE!!!