Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
In search of a lone glider or small group - WA state
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 29 2017
07:49:54 PM
Hi everyone! I had a pair of gliders but unfortunately my male fell ill and I had to have him put down in December. My female since has been really lonely, and I have been looking to find her a friend and have not been able to find one yet. I was hoping that someone here might have someone, or know where to refer me to so that I can find a friend for my little Peaches.

I have a huge cage that is filled with toys, a glider safe wheel, and many pouches and hammocks. Peaches really seems to love it. Also, I have her on the BML diet, which I supplement with fresh fruits and vegetables. I have done extensive research about gliders, and have a reputable vet as well.

Thanks in advance!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 29 2017
11:45:26 PM
Washingtonglider21 Starting Member Visit Washingtonglider21's Photo Album WA, USA 4 Posts
Check with NW Glider Rescue
I think they have a lone female glider available.
NWgliderrescue@gmail.com is their email. And they are located in washington.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2017
09:11:26 PM
wannabejeepin Starting Member 0 Posts
Washingtonglider21 is NW Glider Rescue

Please do not give your gliders to NW Glider Rescue or support them by adopting from them - This "rescue" is run by a 16 year old girl who does not have a business address and meets people in a parking lot. She is giving out incorrect information about vet care, diet, and living requirements. Several people have offered help to this girl so that she can provide the gliders in her care the necessary environment and care that they need and they have all been ignored and even blocked.

At Laura - Sugar Gliders are an exotic animal and you need to do some serious research on the care and keeping of them. Even looking through your pictures you have posted of your gliders on facebook I see that your cage sets and toys can pose a threat to their safety. If you were a responsible rescue then you would accept and seek the help of the glider community that has been raising and caring for these angles for decades. God forbid that something tragic happens or that the suggies that you are claiming to be helping actually suffer due to your stubborn refusal to accept help from people who are way more knowledgeable then you.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 30 2017
04:40:34 PM
LighthouseSuggies Starting Member 1 Posts
It's been a while since you posted this message, but wondering if you found another glider to go with your single? I have four girls who I love. One of my girls, Opal, just does not seem to be happy with the other three. Opal is always hissing at them in the pouch, sometimes she pulls on their tails. She is not aggressive, she doesn't fight with them, she just doesn't seem to really like any of them. The other three get along great and are very bonded to each other.

I just don't know what to do. I have taken her to the vet and she is very healthy and the vet could find no indication of any physical problems. I am considering re-homing, but only to a really good home with at least one other glider, not to a rescue. I live in Washington state.

Anyone else reading this, if you have any advise I would truly appreciate it.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 13 2017
06:34:06 PM
karengp Starting Member 1 Posts
my daughter just died. she had two very loved neutere4d male sugars. One is two years old the other is 8 months. I need to find them a loving home quickly as neither her husband or I have any idea what to do to keep them healthy and happy. they were her cherished babies. any help would be appreciated. thanks Karen

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home