Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Instant HPW?
Instant HPW?
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
04:19:58 PM
Hello! So I've owned two male suggies in the past and fed them the homemade HPW diet with their fruits, veggies and snacks. It's been a couple years since then and I'm currently trying to find a new pair! I've seen on exotic nutrition that they have the instant HPW mix and I was thinking of going with that instead of running around and finding ingredients for the homemade version. If I did the instant HPW with fruits and veggies and an added calcium powder and multivitamin powder over their fruits and veggies daily would it be suitable for them? It says to feed the instant mix with the pellets but I prefer not to give the babies pellets... thank you to anyone who helps!

Edited by - Aleu on Jan 31 2017 04:27:05 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
04:36:51 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
When I switched my gliders from GliderChow to instant hpw, they ate it for a few days, but obviously didn't like it much. I then switched to OHPW and they have been on that for 2 years now. The instant was easy for me, but I found the original wasn't that complicated once I tried it.
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
04:44:38 PM
Aleu Starting Member 3 Posts
It would be easier for me to do, I just want to make sure they are getting enough supplements! Especially the calcium. I think I'll try it out and just give them the extra calcium, with all the fruits and veggies mixed in I'm sure they'll eat it!
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
07:37:33 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I give mine the instant hpw. They love it! I don't add extra supplements anymore because they turned brown. When I stopped adding extra supplements they began to grey again. They are still have a little brown around thier hips.
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
08:33:43 PM
Aleu Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by lilsistar

I give mine the instant hpw. They love it! I don't add extra supplements anymore because they turned brown. When I stopped adding extra supplements they began to grey again. They are still have a little brown around thier hips.

Turn brown? I never heard anything like that before.. and do you feed the HPW with the pellets like they instruct? I just really don't want to deprive them of their calcium!
Food, Diet
Jan 31 2017
09:17:14 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Personally, I feel that OHPW (which is now named Critter Love Original) is better of those two. If you feel instant is the best way for you to go, consider Critter Love Complete, which is also instant, but better quality, and was created and tested by the same person that created the Original HPW.

Also, pellets are not bad to serve as a side to a reputable diet. If you decide to go with EN Instant HPW, than please follow the diet as directed as should be done with any diet you choose.
Instant HPW?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Instant HPW?