Sugar Gliders
Male Glider 5.5 months old
Behavior
Feb 01 2017
02:45:07 AM
Sawadeekhrup!!

Greetings from the Land of Smiles!

I have recently started to learn about these lovely Sugar Gliders.

I have a pretty decent bonded White Faced Sugar Glider and he is Sky. Sky is currently 5.5 Months Old and have started to bald.

Sky has been the active glider and he has been introduced to his mate approximately 2 months back in November 2016. Snow was a 3 month old Mosaic (currently 5 months old), she is fully docile and really sweet, very calm in nature.

5 days back, in the middle of the night, we noted that Sky was disorientated and extremely hyper and almost trashing nervously in their Cage. I removed Snow worried that Sky will hurt her and kept her separate. Sky continues to thrash around hitting himself pretty hard against the cage. Deep breathing was observed.

Fearing that he will hurt himself, i too removed him from the Large Cage and put him into a small basket together with Snow, the basket is lined fully with many fleece cloth. Sky calmed down after 2 hours, but still felt nervous, his breathing got better and he managed to catch some sleep.

We observed him for the last 4 days and place them both in a medium sized cage with nothing but one Pouch. They are very calm.

During this time there is no noted difference in food intake. They both ate and drank normally.

Last night, i placed both into the large cage again and noted Sky's nervousness returning. But he did not thrash about as before but instead was rather hyper jumping around the cage, dashing pretty unusually. Fearing he will go bonkers again. We moved them both into the medium cage.

Our Large Cage is approximately 87.5cm high, 61 cm long and 38 cm wide.

Anyone has any idea what went wrong? Any advise? Not sure if he is in heat, his pom is rather large was advised by local forum to cool the glider pom with damp cloth and direct wind via a fan onto the cage. Fresh Coconut water and Coconut flesh was fed.

We are a little freaked out by the episode.

Sorry for the long post.
Behavior
Feb 01 2017
07:10:04 AM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
If you don't already I'd get a glider safe wheel and maybey a ball pit for something to do in the cage.
Behavior
Feb 01 2017
09:04:28 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
So your largest cage is 2.870735 feet tall by 2 feet long by 1.24 feet deep ?

What is the cage made with?

What country are you in?
Behavior
Feb 01 2017
09:08:41 AM
thecrazyfatglider Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Leela

So your largest cage is 2.870735 feet tall by 2 feet long by 1.24 feet deep ?

What is the cage made with?

What country are you in?

I am in Thailand.

I got the Hagen Vision M02 Cage. Cage is A mix of Steel and plastic.

https://usa.hagen.com/Bird/Housing/Hybrid-Cages/83255
Behavior
Feb 01 2017
09:10:31 AM
thecrazyfatglider Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by NyxandBenny

If you don't already I'd get a glider safe wheel and maybey a ball pit for something to do in the cage.

I actually do have an Attixworx Magnum Wheel for them.

Will look into a ball pit. Will Google for it.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders