Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW
HPW
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2017
09:24:54 PM
I've heard the HPW diet is a good one but I'm pretty confused by all the ones out there....critter love, high protein wombaroo, original, plus, complete, exotic nutrition, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
12:53:13 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would pick one of these three.

1. critterlove plus (using honey)
2. HPW with wombaroo power (using honey) - this is almost the same as critterlove plus but wombaroo is shipped from overseas and critterlove is made in USA. I think there is a small difference in calcium, but overall very similar.
3. critterlove complete, just add water. this is easier to make and more expensive. Our glider eat it but if given both complete and plus they will eat the plus. this also separates after melting so its looks more like water with powder in it.

there are probably some other small differences I missed.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
08:12:34 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
For the Critter Love ones contact Peggy, she can explain the differences and she will even send you samples https://www.facebook.com/peggy.h.brewer or her site which is http://www.critterlove.com/store/c2/Food_and_Sides_.html

The exotic nutrition hpw is pretty much crap, it's a knock off and full of fillers, the only thing I'd buy from that place are cages. I don't even recommend their treats.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
01:23:52 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I agree with Leela.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
01:42:27 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Agree with Leela.

For the record on HPW diet, was created by Peggy Brewer using Wombaroo brand high protein supplement (WHPS), bee pollen, eggs, honey, and water, following her recipe in amounts, prep, serving, and storage of batch.

Summery:
EN manufactured, or sold a product using another brand of high protein supplement and used the HPW name due to popularity. Made, to my knowledge a "kit" form that included HPS & bee pollen, as well as an instant variety. Again, not the Wombaroo brand, I'm not sure of the name of the brand now first hand, but I was at first believing it was the same as HPW and used the "kit" initially).

Peggy Brewer also created & manufactured a high protein supplement and used it in new diets, she also formulated, called HPW Plus, which is following the then referred to OHPW recipe using her brand of HPS; as well as HPW Complete, which is an instant powder.

There was much confusion, so Peggy trademarked her company/brand name Critter Love. So now OHPW is now Critter Love Original or as I like to call it CLO. The other HPW diets, Plus, Complete, and I believe there are other varieties are also named "Critter Love" replacing the "HPW" part, so as I love acronyms they would now be CLP & CLC.

My Personal Thoughts:
Not sure in what order the other brands of HPS were created, nor how many that are not Wombaroo, but they're out there and I believe, based on much reading up on the matter that either CL or Wombaroo brand HPS is of best quality, due to the fact that I know extensive testing/and use of these products was conducted. The other brand I don't know much about, but I have used them prior, at first due to lack of knowledge, then once again for temporary use due to severe lack of funds. I personally feel the EN brand is lesser in quality, but for short-term use is better than some other cheaper diets out there.

Edited by - TJones09 on Feb 05 2017 01:43:19 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
08:30:07 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thank you all! Very helpful!!
HPW

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW