Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Updating
Updating
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
01:48:35 PM
I personally feel that it's time for boards to begin updating diet databases.

There have been many changes and new discoveries regarding diets. Whether it by by name, instructional changes, etc.

I personally feel that along with the name of the diet, a direct link to the the website of origin should be posted so that searchers can go directly to the source of the diet and not other websites that post these diets.

Just recommending, thoughts?
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
01:57:05 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
If only !!

There is soooooooooooo much outdated information on here and online in general not only with diets.

Problem with many of the sites and pages are the same that is the problem with this forum, the person that owns this forum is no longer active online, and doesn't maintain anything. So all that old, out dated, inaccurate and potentially unsafe information can still be dug out of the archives. I see it happen all the time, especially on here, people will resurrect and old post sometimes older than 10 yrs. What they don't know is the rest of the story......... that wasn't posted or updated on why those things are no longer done.

TJones you've been on this forum longer than I have, have you ever seen the owner active on here?? I don't think I have since I've been a member.

Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
05:17:49 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm not even sure who the owner is, maybe Kazko. I do not remember the last time I've seen him around. I just thought maybe there were admins that worked behind the scene.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
05:35:02 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I don't think there are any admins if there are they are pretty damn quiet

Edited by - Leela on Feb 05 2017 05:37:22 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
07:20:39 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
It sure is easy to complain. When was the last time any of you became Gliderpedia editors and chose to do some editing?
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
07:51:23 PM
no one is complaining. It's a problem across the board as I said, not just here. There are many old websites and pages floating around with old recipes that have since been changed and old information.

I have tried to do some editing on here and didn't get far, I found it difficult to navigate and couldn't get anything done the way I wanted it. Took me a good year to even figure out that I could do that much.

Some of the old information has also been lost or withheld from the people who worked very hard on it. Many folks are a little more protective of investing their time and energy into contributing to forums because of it.

I spend a lot of my time helping people, as many have before me. I prefer to help people one on one because some day even what I consider current information right now, may become outdated as we learn more. I get it, I really do. Even if files and everything else could all be updated today it will need done again as new things are learned and we advance. It would be a never ending process and people will still manage to find something old.

Some of the old sites no one can access to edit or take down. Passwords, screen names have been lost or forgotten or people have purposely been locked out, so the site lingers and people read them.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
09:54:22 PM
I didn't know anyone could do gliderpedia editing. So maybe we can make a team effort and work on updating it on occasion.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2017
11:09:33 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I added a few exotic/glider vets in the new england area because I saw none listed yet. It took awhile to do just about 5 or 6 though, so it's not easy work.
I know a few links on gliderpedia don't work anymore.
If anyone is doing research, they should be looking for more than one source anyway, no matter how trustworthy they think the website is.
Food, Diet
Feb 17 2017
02:00:27 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
I can help, but my time is severely limited these days. So figure out rather specifically what needs doing and what I can physically assist with.

This includes any ideas for better organization and overall web site stuff.

Old stuff isnt all bad either. Histories is a thing that should not be forgotten. And diet is still a hot topic and I have no faith that something good has come to the top of it. Perhaps it has?
Food, Diet
Feb 17 2017
08:12:51 PM
My time is limited atm as well, but when I do have more time available, I can look through some of the links and compose a list of "bad" links and if I can assist any further will do my best to.

I realize now that my suggestion of updating isn't a totally realistic task, but perhaps we can get some organization and weeded out as time permits. As I stated, I'll try to help where I can after I get my classes out of the way and work schedule settled.
Updating

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Updating