Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
M&M Update
M&M Update
Information
Feb 20 2017
03:43:49 PM
Well, we've come to the conclusion that we do not have 2 female gliders. Mickie has turned out to be a Mickey, so he is going to the vet for a neutering appointment on March 1st. Hopefully we won't see any joeys poking out from Minnie soon, as we don't know about the lineage of either of the little fuzz butts.

We have a mosquito netting tent now, and M&M love it! They are all over the place, climbing all over the netting and on me. Mickey, who never let me pick him up before while he's in the cage, will climb up on me and hang out on the back of the chair that I'm sitting in inside the tent. Minnie has always been pretty well bonded to me, so I'm super hyped about Mickey hanging out on me!

This past weekend, Mickey has actually crawled up on my hand several times when I've given them treats! He bites the heck out of me, but I take it, giving him the "tsk, tsk" to get him to stop. That works for about a second, and then he starts back up again. But the weird thing is, Minnie will get on my hand right behind Mickey, and bite in the same spots that Mickey has bitten me. And she has never bitten me hard like this before. Maybe she's trying to mark over Mickey's marks and saying, "No, he's MY human"? LOL

Anyhow, I'm super happy that Mickey is making an effort now. Can't wait until he quits marking me, though. Maybe he'll bite less after he's neutered?
Information
Feb 20 2017
04:31:10 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Yay! Love the progress report, thanks.

Every little bit to big steps forward in your relationship is so exciting, I totally remember how it felt as my relationship with my gliders developed, and still does :)

Sorry you had a surprise on sex of one of your gliders, and I also hope no joeys, wish you luck!
Information
Feb 20 2017
05:37:45 PM
TXWolf Joey Visit TXWolf's Photo Album 42 Posts
Thank you TJones09. As much as the bites hurt, I was focused on "He's crawling on me! He's crawling on me!" LOL
M&M Update

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
M&M Update