GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar glider not eating new diet
Food, Diet
Feb 23 2017
10:22:50 AM
hello
I have two male sugar gliders that are about 1 year and half old. I had been feeding them instant HPW and some fruit and vegetables for a while until I read the instant HPW is really bad for them so I just changed to OHPW from the pampered glider page. it's been two nights where they don't eat it and it's starting to worry me. I put some apples on top of the OHPW to see if they would lick it off the apple but they didn't even touch the apples. how long does it take for them to get used to it? or should I change to something else?
Food, Diet
Feb 23 2017
12:27:41 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I started with Instant critterlove complete, the gliders eat it well enough.
we switched to OHPW and they eat it up all the way from the start. BUT we have had some slowness in new gliders taking a new diet right away.
Maybe recheck your recipe and amounts, hpw, RAW honey, water, eggs, bee pollen.
or just give them a few days.
Food, Diet
Feb 23 2017
01:11:33 PM
GliderGirl415 Starting Member 7 Posts
Hi,
I can see your concern for your gliders.
I would maybe feed them a few apples without the supplement, to get them used to apples, then maybe slowly start adding just a little bit of the stuff onto the apple. If they eat it, keep adding more and more until it is at the recommended amount. If this doesn't work and they still aren't eating, I would call your vet and ask him what is best.
Food, Diet
Feb 24 2017
09:42:39 AM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
You can try BML if they don't like OHPW. Some gliders are just picky.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders