Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP!!!!! MY SUGGIES INARDS ARE COMING OUT!
Health related
Feb 24 2017
11:34:46 PM
HELP! yesterday I notice a little read string coming out of my 1 un neutered male suggie named mango today I had a friend over and we notice a red string hanging from my other suggie diesel I live with my parents and my mom is a human physical therapist so she knows her way around body parts she put on some gloves and pulled gently at the string (we had thought it was dead tissue) when she pulled it out a bit more we had realized it was internals! we are very scared about them we have him back in the cage now but the worse thing is before we have looked for vets and there are no exotic vets near us PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :"(
Health related
Feb 24 2017
11:38:59 PM
liski Starting Member 6 Posts
the inards have retracted we think the cause might be because he was pooping quite hard
Health related
Feb 25 2017
12:16:18 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
That's not his innards, that's his man parts tell Mom not to pull it anymore and research glider male genitalia, they don't look like human parts.

I'm sure you all were pretty worried and it's not the first time someone panicked and pulled on it to see what it was

It should go back in all on it's own and as long as its pink/red all is fine. If it ever looks black that is when there is a problem and it will need amputated.
Health related
Feb 25 2017
10:25:28 AM
I don't know it looked like inards its hard to explain
Health related
Feb 25 2017
11:23:39 AM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
Lol poor Lil guy he must feel a bit violated. Leela mentioned to look it up. I'd do that if I were you lol I can't stop laughing they have "bifurcated genitalia". It's totally normal but I wouldn't pull on it. Lol
Health related
Feb 25 2017
11:45:03 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts

I had a pretty good giggle over it last night too lol I'll see if I can post a pic of one, last time I tried the site wouldn't let me

Edited by - Leela on Feb 25 2017 11:49:22 AM
Health related
Feb 25 2017
11:50:09 AM
These are normal, healthy looking man parts...

Edited by - Leela on Feb 25 2017 11:53:17 AM
Health related
Feb 25 2017
12:04:33 PM
This is NOT healthy and is about to be amputated. Amputated genitalia on males is not that uncommon. They have more reproductive procedures done than females do.

Females reproductive systems are very complex and spaying or any surgical procedures on reproductive organs are rarely done on them because it's so invasive and damaging. There has to be a medical reason for a surgical procedure to be done on reproductive organs on a female like cancer and even then it's debated on very heavily before doing it.

But males, have neuters done routinely and genitalia amputations almost as commonly. They recover just fine usually, and continue to have a thriving happy life.

Things to watch for , discoloration, out for extended periods of time with out being retracted, severe dryness. If it's dry it can get stuck while out, you can use some Ky water soluble gel on it to help it go back in. Buttttt if there is any dark discoloration he needs to goto a vet.

Edited by - Leela on Feb 25 2017 12:08:15 PM
Health related
Feb 25 2017
01:33:51 PM
0k thnx but I had only saw 1of the things
Health related
Feb 25 2017
10:35:10 PM
and it was coming out of his but hole
Health related
Feb 25 2017
10:42:21 PM
JLR Glider Visit JLR's Photo Album JLR's Journal Canada 95 Posts
Gliders only have one hole called a cloaca
Health related
Feb 26 2017
11:40:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JLR

Gliders only have one hole called a cloaca

ok thnx good to know
Health related
Feb 27 2017
10:45:57 AM
Remmyt Starting Member 2 Posts
I sure am glad for topics like this. I'm still in my research/collecting necessities phase, before I purchase my little fuzz-butts. Would save me some money on a vet visit for sure.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders