Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage cleaning
cage cleaning
Question
Mar 10 2017
02:53:00 PM
For a few months now, I've been too busy to really give the girls' cage a good cleaning, so now it's filthy. The drop pan is crusted with pieces of food, turds and pee. So some areas of it (mainly under where the wheels sit) is white and the finish has been damaged. Is there anything I can spray it with/recoat it with too protect it? There is already a spot where the paint came off from where a water bottle was leaking constantly.

Thanks for any help!
Question
Apr 02 2017
11:23:22 PM
Nightcat Starting Member Visit Nightcat's Photo Album 7 Posts
What I did was cut a hole on the side of there cage. I rigged it where they can go into a container where I put there food in. It works great. Omg less of a mess because they sling there food everywhere. U should try that. You done need to cut a hole in ur cage u can get a container and cut a hole in that and place it in there cage have them eat in there and clean it like every few weeks.
Question
Apr 03 2017
08:04:22 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I don't know of anything safe to spray on it. From your description, it doesn't sound like the damaged area is exposed to the gliders. I wouldn't worry about it if that's the case right now.

A glider diner like Nightcat suggested can cut down on the mess. Some people love using them.

I recommend using a silo for water instead of a bottle. They never drip, they never malfunction, and they're easier to clean! I really dislike water bottles now since trying a silo and only use a bottle if absolutely have to.

I love these in small size. I've even at times served their nectar in them.

Also love to use these , currently I'm using one for their nectar (CLO). But I've used these for f/v salads, water and even for a few pellets at one time, but I've gone back to forage toys for those.

You can get both most likely at Petco or Petsmart in the store, but for some reason Petco doesn't sell the the cups on their website.
cage cleaning

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage cleaning