Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is It bad.....
Is It bad.....
Food, Diet
Mar 10 2017
10:43:20 PM
is it bad that i dont give my gliders meal worms? Is it bad that i got my gliders at the age of 2 months old and 4 months old? is it bad that when we got them they escaped out of cage and we had to chase them around ( we finaly got them btw )?????/

( i dont know why i put a lot of emoji s )
Food, Diet
Mar 11 2017
09:27:42 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Meal worms, unless specifically listed as essential for your chosen sg diet, are best used as treats anyway. No it's not bad, but your gliders are missing out on a treat. I use Camillies vita-mealies freeze dried, because I do not offer often.

The age is less important than size of gliders as to placing them together. Of course if m/f pair, you risk breeding and need to be cautious about that. There are so many factors about breeding you need to be knowledgeable about, I do not know too much about it because I never intend to breed gliders.

Chasing a loose glider around a room is traumatic for everyone involved, lol. But your glider will get over it, they are fairly resilient animals. However, please use more caution, though escapes can happen, try to prevent them from being a regular or often thing.
Food, Diet
Mar 11 2017
09:38:56 AM
Glider questions Joey 29 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TJones09

Meal worms, unless specifically listed as essential for your chosen sg diet, are best used as treats anyway. No it's not bad, but your gliders are missing out on a treat. I use Camillies vita-mealies freeze dried, because I do not offer often.

The age is less important than size of gliders as to placing them together. Of course if m/f pair, you risk breeding and need to be cautious about that. There are so many factors about breeding you need to be knowledgeable about, I do not know too much about it because I never intend to breed gliders.

Chasing a loose glider around a room is [u]traumatic for everyone involved, lol. But your glider will get over it, they are fairly resilient animals. However, please use more caution, though escapes can happen, try to prevent them from being a regular or often thing.

yeah we all freaked out as they jumped from the everywhere at our faces

but yes i can tell they got over it bc they lick me and if "blizzard" ever came out i just say her name and she will go right in the cage.

thanks
Food, Diet
Mar 11 2017
03:54:27 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
live mealies are like glider crack, they love them with all their hearts, but they are fattie treats.
dried mealies can be got at petstore or Walmart bird section, they are cheap, will last forever, less "gross" factor and gliders still really like them.

the age of your gliders should not matter, I don't think.

We have 2 out of 10 gliders, that we still have to do a little chasing to get them out of playroom and back into cage. but if I shake the treat bag scarface comes running to front of cage, will eat out of my hand, I can pick her up she just doesn't like it much, will give me a little bite. Mary is a long difficult project for us, she is coming around very slow.
Food, Diet
Mar 13 2017
02:24:04 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I don't give Tveit any mealworms because his regular diet has him at just a bit before he'd be overweight. Adding mealworms as treats might push him into the "fatty" zone, and I'd rather him be healthy. I don't think it's harming him any since he's never had one anyway so he doesn't know if he likes them :)
Is It bad.....

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is It bad.....