Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hissing when put in cage
Hissing when put in cage
Question
Mar 19 2017
07:37:13 AM
I let her have her fun and run around supervised but when I went to put her in her cage she 1) didn't want to go and wanted to keep playing then 2) hissed at me a couple minutes later. I assumed it was a "I can't believe you" kind of hiss but has anyone else ever experienced this? This is completely unlike her. Did she find something she loved? The only other time she's ever reacted this way is when I put her in her cage without her teddy bear. I was just with her the whole time and don't recall her finding something new she was obsessed about so my only other assumption is she is just having a night where she wanted to keep playing?
Question
Mar 20 2017
01:14:44 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, unless she continues to hiss in her cage, in which case something might be bothering/hurting her. I'm guessing she was really enjoying being with you and wanting to keep playing.
Question
Mar 20 2017
08:16:35 AM
EveGL Starting Member Visit EveGL's Photo Album TX, USA 6 Posts
Okay I think that's what it was too. It was just one long hiss and it made me feel so bad for putting her back in hahaha she is spoiled beyond belief. She usually spends only the time we're sleeping in her cage and the rest hugging on me or my husband all day. It was just weird because she has never protested her cage and since she really only clicks when she's on me, crabs when I bug her during her initial falling asleep and waking up and barks only in the morning when she's ready to get out and go to bed in my shirt. The only other time I heard a hiss was I left her little teddy bear on the outside of her cage when normally I always put them both in the pouch for my bed time hahahaha so this time I assumed she was either upset with me for putting her back in her cage or she found something she wanted.

Edited by - EveGL on Mar 20 2017 08:17:16 AM
Hissing when put in cage

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hissing when put in cage