Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Weird sleeping?
Weird sleeping?
Health related
Mar 19 2017
06:47:16 PM
Sorry if I'm over posting but I figured I would ask this too!

My boy sleeps so weird. He will sleep with his eyes open. Not only that but it seems he is in the REM cycle and his eyes move all around. His ears are moving like he's trying to pick up a sound. He has also in the past barked in his sleep. I will call his name a few times and then he will finally snap to look at me like nothing happened. Then he'll act normal and stretch and yawn like the cutie he is and come up to greet me.

Is there anything to worry about? He doesn't seem ill and has kinda always done this. I see him drinking water a lot so I'm not sure it's dehydration. I think it may just be a weird tick he does in his sleep.

Thanks!
Health related
Mar 19 2017
10:52:50 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I've seen Finn do that once. He and Quinn usually move a bit and make noises in thier sleep. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as he's in his pouch or on you. If you find him doing this in wierd parts of his cage, like the bottom of it, then there might be something to worry about.

Don't worry about "over posting." It's good to ask questions.
Health related
Mar 22 2017
02:42:26 PM
Bubbies Joey 11 Posts
Thank you so much! I usually see him doing it when he's sleeping on me lol.
Health related
Mar 25 2017
08:18:03 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
A bit late on my response, but Tveit does this as well and I hadn't heard anyone say their sugar glider did it too so I just thought he was a bit strange! haha. I will feel him twitch in his sleep, but then when I look his eyes are open! It was so creepy at first, and when he wakes up and looks at me he gets angry for my disturbing him... but his eyes were open! So strange.
Health related
Mar 26 2017
11:04:34 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
it happens, they can sleep with open eyes, Frjya sometimes run and kickboxes when she sleeps, which disturbs a lot the others
Weird sleeping?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Weird sleeping?