Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
wheel type
wheel type
Information
Mar 27 2017
09:50:53 AM
sorry if i am over posting i want to learn more about my suggies . but anyway what wheels are glider safe and were can i buy them

Information
Mar 27 2017
02:30:24 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
I'm a fan of the custom cruzer. Online purchase only check em out. I'd recommend a1/2 inch offset wheel at most to start with or a centered wheel. Better exercise on 1/2" offset if you go with too much offset some gliders can't get em to go.
Information
Mar 27 2017
03:49:09 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Stealth, Raptor and Custom Cruiser are the most popular and safe wheels for gliders.
Information
Mar 27 2017
06:09:01 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Fast Track are good as well. All my wheels have been Apollos (had two) and one travel size. I've been hoping to get a treadmill next.

SpinZoneGlobal
Information
Mar 28 2017
07:26:40 AM
EveGL Starting Member Visit EveGL's Photo Album TX, USA 6 Posts
Mine love the saucer as well. I was too afraid of the possibility of tails getting hurt and decided to at least try a saucer first to ease any of my anxieties and potential harm for them and if no one used it I could always go for one of the safer options of wheels but they took to the saucer and actually use it for a lot more than just running haha but if I were you I'd go with every glider safe option till you find the perfect fit!
Information
Aug 13 2017
03:43:25 AM
sahana.kargi Joey Visit sahana.kargi's Photo Album 37 Posts
I use the exotic nutrition wheel and I really like it. Many people reccomend the stealth or raptor wheel as they have the mesh material but that is why I don't like it. People say that the gliders get better grip and the way allows for the poop and pee to not get stuck. Personally, my glider doesn't poop or pee a whole lot on his wheel. Also, he has fine grip with the exotic nutrition wheel and so like hay it is a flat bottom. I am scared that his feet or toes could get caught in the mesh. I might be a bit biased though as you are never supposed to use a mesh wheel for hamsters or chinchillas or any rodent and may be carrying that over for the gliders. But overall the exotic nutrition one is great. Just whatever wheel you pick, make sure it doesn't have a center axle. The Wodent wheel for example does which makes it very dangerous as glider hop while they run and their tails could get caught in the center axle part. Good luck:)
Information
Aug 13 2017
07:49:54 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by sahana.kargi

I use the exotic nutrition wheel and I really like it. Many people reccomend the stealth or raptor wheel as they have the mesh material but that is why I don't like it. People say that the gliders get better grip and the way allows for the poop and pee to not get stuck. Personally, my glider doesn't poop or pee a whole lot on his wheel. Also, he has fine grip with the exotic nutrition wheel and so like hay it is a flat bottom. I am scared that his feet or toes could get caught in the mesh. I might be a bit biased though as you are never supposed to use a mesh wheel for hamsters or chinchillas or any rodent and may be carrying that over for the gliders. But overall the exotic nutrition one is great. Just whatever wheel you pick, make sure it doesn't have a center axle. The Wodent wheel for example does which makes it very dangerous as glider hop while they run and their tails could get caught in the center axle part. Good luck:)

I am so glad you posted this as I just bought the exotic nutruition wheel with nail trimmer. I do have a cheaper wheel (came with cage) but it squeaks so I wanted one that may be silent and helpful.
wheel type

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
wheel type