Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Thankful
Thankful
Information
Apr 02 2017
08:56:07 PM
I just wanted to express my appreciation for this forum and all who comment here. I have learned so much from reading other posts...about diet,health, behavior, etc. I enjoy reading other peoples experiences and have put suggestions to good use. Most recently, I've been having issues with my female escaping. The first time was in the car and she disappeared under the brake pedal. I could hear her running back and forth inside the dashboard (thank God I could still hear her). I was frantically trying to figure out how to get her out. I explored the archives here and read about others who found their glider in the glove compartment. Sure enough, that's where she appeared. Then yesterday she escaped again and I couldn't find her until this morning. I couldn't sleep at all without the sound of her exercise wheel, lol. She was in a contained area so I was pretty confident that she was safe, but it was extremely upsetting because she was gone for over 12 hours and without food or water. Again, I looked up past messages and used advice from others who have been in similar situations...putting her cage on the floor where she can get to it easily, leaving treats out, playing you tube videos of other gliders crabbing and barking, etc. She finally appeared, albeit she put up a bit of a fight because she was enjoying her freedom so much. Anyway, it's very helpful to have a place to come to share, learn, and help others when needed. Thank you all!
Thankful

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Thankful