Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Worried about my new guys diet
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2017
05:24:50 AM
I just got my second glider a few weeks ago, sort of a rescue situation. He is actually a little pudgy and his fur is a little bit cracked. He's about a year old and I think he was fed mostly treats by his previous owner. He likes the modified leadbeater diet but he barely touches any of his fruits or veggies. I've tried cooked, fresh, frozen. I've given him apples, oranges, mango, all different melons, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, as well as peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and some others. I've tried giving him just the fruits and veggies first but he eats very little of them either way. I've been thinking about trying to coat them or mix them up with a little yogurt or honey but I'm just not sure what would be a good idea to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2017
08:59:18 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Do not modify the diet, just follow it precisely how it's to be given. Examine his fruit and veggie in the morning, you may find that he's eaten more than you think. Gliders will leave behind the parts (fiber) that they do not digest well. Look to see if some of the leftover food looks like a "shell", where you can tell he's eaten part of it.

Also, give him some time to adjust to this diet, if it is new, he may take a while longer before eating everything if he's not been fed well.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders