Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Anyone know how to make healthy yogies?
Food, Diet
Apr 11 2017
01:33:21 PM
I'm wanting to try and make some homemade yogies for my guys. Though I can't seem to find a recipe anywhere. I want something that will be able to be thick enough to hold shape. I was thinking a mix with either honey or peanut butter. For mine I was thinking I might mix some dried fruit in and some nuts all that will be food processed really fine. I think if I could get them fine enough, they'll hold body really well. I saw some post that were frozen, but I want mine to hold shape on their own. I'm hoping that I can make a batch of these to use for awhile. Does anyone have any ideas/ have tried this before?
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2017
01:35:57 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
What a great idea! There are lots of yogies out there but most have a lot of added preservatives and artificial flavors. I found an organic brand in the baby section of the grocery store but my pets don't like them. This sounds like the best solution. I've heard of people making their own yogies by mixing yogurt (plain or fruit flavored) and dropping small amounts on wax paper and freezing (since the yogurt is perishable). You can also use ice cube trays and then cut the cubes to make smaller 'drops'. If necessary, you can thicken the yogurt using a small amount of corn starch. I found the following recipes as well. Please let us know about it goes.

www.reddit.com/r/RATS/comments/451jjx/homemade_yogies_recipe/
hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/82165-homemade-yogiesyogurt-chips-and-gerber-products/
Food, Diet
Apr 13 2017
08:26:10 PM
HoneyB33 Joey Visit HoneyB33's Photo Album 44 Posts
Yeah, those are the ideas I've come across as well!

We're currently moving, but I will try some ideas soon. If I find something that works, I will make a post for it!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders