Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Preventing odor in a wooden cage?
Question
Apr 26 2017
10:35:25 AM
My boyfriend and I are getting two sugar gliders in about a week and a half and we have been preparing for our little ones for over a month. He hand built a wooden cage covered in plastic mesh (there's a special name for it but I can't remember) and he just expressed to me he's worried about any odor from glider pee etc. absorbing into the wood because it's untreated and has no sealant of any kind on it. We spent a lot of time on this cage and making sure they have lots of places to explore and play so it would be a huge bummer to have to scrap it. So my question is what could we do to prevent an odor from absorbing into the wood? I'm trying to think of a way we could possibly cover the exposed wood since sealing it would be extremely hard since it's already put together... I'm posting a couple pics of our cage in this post. They are sideways for some reason as I'm posting from my phone #128556;

Question
Apr 26 2017
09:17:47 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I don't see how it can be done. Most handmade cages use pvc pipe instead of wood just for that reason.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders