Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
2 Gliders, need new home in June (VA)
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 28 2017
06:14:32 AM
I'll be moving to Oregon this summer, and I'm concerned about the stress it would put on my little ones. I also would love for them to be with other gliders.

It's a male named Zeek,approximately 7 years old, who is neutered. He likes to cuddle but does bite some. The female, Fidget, is 7-8 years old, and an absolute sweetheart. Fidget is missing part of her tail (not sure why, she was like that when I adopted her).

I have a big cage and everything available as well, if necessary.

My main concern is making sure they will be happy and not stressed out. I know June is a long way off, but knowing that my babies will have a happy home would make me feel a lot better!

Edited by - chemistree on Apr 28 2017 06:19:43 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 28 2017
10:49:18 AM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
I hate that you are trying to find a new home for your babies. It must be really hard. Can I ask why you're not taking them with you? I know you're looking out for their best interests but it seems like it would be more stressful for them to have a new owner and home than just moving with you. Will you be driving or flying to Oregon?
If you don't change your mind by June I may be able to help. I live in southern Ohio (not terribly far away) and have 4 babies myself.
I remember talking to you before about traveling with them. Is it a 3 day trip?

Edited by - BennyNace on Apr 28 2017 11:02:02 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 28 2017
04:15:01 PM
chemistree Starting Member Visit chemistree's Photo Album 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BennyNace

I hate that you are trying to find a new home for your babies. It must be really hard. Can I ask why you're not taking them with you? I know you're looking out for their best interests but it seems like it would be more stressful for them to have a new owner and home than just moving with you. Will you be driving or flying to Oregon?
If you don't change your mind by June I may be able to help. I live in southern Ohio (not terribly far away) and have 4 babies myself.
I remember talking to you before about traveling with them. Is it a 3 day trip?

It'll be a 6-7 day drive. I'll likely be traveling for work a lot more when I do get there, too, which will be way more stressful for them. I love them dearly but I also want them to be with other babies too, so after a lot of consideration this seemed to be the best option.

Thank you, and I'll keep my eye on this post :)
Default, miscellaneous
May 01 2017
10:35:30 AM
Swordmaker Starting Member 4 Posts
Chemistree. I live in Spokane. If you would like to fly your suggies here I would critter sit for a while. Then we can arrange to meet somewhere between us. That way you can keep your gliders and not have to drive with them. Email me if you are interested.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home