Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Acting strange?
Acting strange?
Health related
Apr 30 2017
12:04:57 AM
I have 5 year old male sugar glider and he started acting funny when I got him out today. He was cool to the touch and lethargic acting. I am feeding him the Priscilla fresh diet. And pellet food all the time. I'm not sure what to do because tomorrow is Sunday and all vets are closed except the emergency vet. And I don't think the see gliders. He is eating right now and I have him in my shirt trying to get him warmed up.
Health related
Apr 30 2017
01:38:50 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Other than being cold and lethargic, are there any other weird behaviors? How warm is the room his cage is located in?

In November I had a cage of gliders that we're always cold. The coldness caused the Joey's to be lethargic. I would take them and warm them up in my bra before returning them to thier parents. Soon I figured out it was because thier room was cold. Once I moved them to a warmer room they were fine.

I'm no expert or vet, but I think you'll be fine as long as he's eating, drinking, and not showing any other signs of sickness. Just to be safe you should still take him to the vet on Monday. In the meantime try and keep him warm and monitor his eating and drinking.

I wish you the best. :)
Health related
Apr 30 2017
12:06:57 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
if he's cold and lethargic, you may want to check him for dehydration, just pinch a little between his shoulders and pull a little theskin, if it does not go back in place immediately when you realease it, he is dehydrated
Health related
Apr 30 2017
02:47:29 PM
Coreymycat Joey Visit Coreymycat's Photo Album 36 Posts
Thank you guys for replying I stayed up with him until like 4 am last night because I was so scared. He ate a lot last night and after eating he was a little better. This morning he is acting like his normal self. The temperature in my room is around 65-70. We just recently turn the ac on because it's been hot where we live. So maybe he was to cold. this scared me so bad that he will be with me all day. Thank you all so much again! And I will be calling a vet on Monday.
Health related
May 03 2017
09:43:52 PM
Coreymycat Joey Visit Coreymycat's Photo Album 36 Posts
Update: took him to a vet (2 and half hours away whew) and he checked out fine. Vet said he might have gotten too cold.
Health related
May 03 2017
10:00:44 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I'm glad he's fine :)
Acting strange?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Acting strange?