Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Adding a new cagemate
Adding a new cagemate
Question
Apr 30 2017
06:57:02 PM
I have a male sugar glider and he is not neutered. I plan on getting him fixed so I can get another one so he will have someone else. I want to get a female but have heard things about if you get a female sugar glider and doesn't breed it can kill her? Very confused. Any answers are appreciated.
Question
Apr 30 2017
07:50:50 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
She won't die if she doesn't reproduce. The only risk you will have is if the male tries to mate with her and he gets too rough. Even some neutered males still try and mate.
Question
May 01 2017
05:40:33 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we have 7 gliders in a colony, males and females, all males neutered. they are all healthy and happy, (except maybe for mary, she is angry. still bonding)

our second cage is 3, 1 male and 2 females, all is good, male neutered.
Question
May 01 2017
09:10:31 AM
Coreymycat Joey Visit Coreymycat's Photo Album 36 Posts
Ok thank you I was worried because I have heard things about females not reproducing and it causes problems or something like that. Now the only problem is finding a female glider. Thanks all!!
Question
May 01 2017
08:11:44 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
You can look on Craigslist. I know where I live there are three females for sale.

Many people recommend a reputable breeder. I don't know any breeders.

Good luck.
Question
May 01 2017
09:02:29 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Good luck in your search. Yes, I've had a pair of females I homed from CL and they are fine not reproducing. I'm not sure where you have heard that from, but no worries.

I also homed a lone male I found on an adoption forum on a sugar glider board (not this one). He was neutered already and I now have a trio, happy with a little bickering going on here and there, but no fights.

Search for local, reputable breeders, search for rehomes on CL and adoption forum here or on other boards, or check for local or near by rescues. I would have gone with a rescue if I had any near me at the time I was in search for gliders. You can also have some reputable breeders ship.
Question
May 03 2017
09:42:42 PM
This glider I got from gliders r us. My parents found them a while ago when they got me him. Not sure if they are reputable or not.
Question
May 04 2017
01:03:04 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
That's where I got my glider from as well. Not sure how reputable they are but I'm very happy with my little one.
Question
May 04 2017
08:54:15 PM
I was wanting to buy from them again but have had trouble trying to find people near me.
Question
May 04 2017
10:05:34 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
There was just a glider gathering in ohio ( the OSGA ) last weekend with more reputable breeders ( from all over the country all IN Ohio ) than you can shake a stick at !

Shelly Sterk Host's it once a year, it's a great place to meet other glider owners in your state and learn new things.

Shelly is also in Ohio I'm sure she knows plenty of local breeders she can refer you to. She is also heading up a huge sugar glider diet study and is a very respected veteran in the community, she won't steer ya wrong.
https://www.facebook.com/shelly.sterk.39

your other option of course is having a glider shipped to you, many breeders will ship to legal states, at the buyers expense. I'ts usually around 150.00 ish to ship.

If your looking for rehomes I may know a few people that do rescue and rehome work , I'll have to look up some names..
Question
May 04 2017
10:13:37 PM
I live in West Virginia. And I got my glider 4 years ago in fairmont area and he was in very good looking shape so I was hoping to get more from them but have no idea how to get a hold of them other then I knew he is from sugar gliders r us. I am looking for 2 younger females to go with my soon to be neutered male.
Question
May 04 2017
10:44:05 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
ahh I saw the ohio vet on your neuter post sorry I figured you were from Ohio based on that lol I know some folks in virginia not sure about west virginia I'll look around on my friends list

Edited by - Leela on May 04 2017 10:45:36 PM
Question
May 04 2017
10:55:31 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Have you checked out Highland Sugar Gliders in Virginia? Not sure how far that is away from you.
Question
May 06 2017
10:26:38 PM
I'm by the Ohio river. It would take me like 30 minutes to go to Ohio. Just depends where in Ohio. I want to find someone soon but it's super hard to find anyone around here. That is trust worthy.
Adding a new cagemate

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Adding a new cagemate