Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please help!
Please help!
Question
May 07 2017
02:15:55 PM
My sugar gliders got out of their cage lastnight while i was asleep and i cant find them anywhere! I put out their smaller cage with a bonding pouch and some food in case they come out, im scared they went out the slightly opened window. I need help or advice please?! Im so stressed about not finding them. Im so worried!
Question
May 07 2017
02:49:20 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
Have you checked around your bed, dirty clothes, or anything that smells like you? Maybe you could hang a pouch near the window on the outside. I've read stories about gliders coming back in the way they went out so instead of closing the window, I would post up and watch tonight. Chances are they are somewhere close and are just sleeping off the fun night they had.
Question
May 07 2017
06:19:45 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Keep replenish food. Also try placing favorite treat & fresh fruit for hydration purposes. place their sleeping pouch inside their smaller cage and some fleece items that smells like them around areas you think they could be hiding.

MAKE SURE ALL TOILET LIDS ARE DOWN and stay down until you find them, if kids weren't down check first.
Check under & behind furniture as carefully as possible
Check trash cans/waste baskets they could of gotten into
Check laundry hamper/basket, where ever you keep your laundry
DO NOT THROW ANYTHING OUT OR IN WASH until you find them.
Check shoes, boots, slippers, pockets, hoods on shirts and jackets, anything they could climb into.

PLEASE, keep us update!

Good luck, sending prayers and wishes you find them safe and sound.

Edited by - TJones09 on May 07 2017 06:23:22 PM
Question
May 07 2017
07:01:48 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Any luck yet finding your sugar gliders? Great advice from TJones and BennyNace! I have dealt with this issue so many times and each time I have come to this forum for support and advice. My newest glider escapes every chance she gets and I have found her in all sorts of places...curled up in a pile of clothes, in my shoe, under my bed, under the couch, behind the tv, etc. She also disappeared in the car and reappeared in the glove compartment. The longest time she was gone was 18 hours and needless to say I was frantic. I usually try to lure her out with favorite treats and I play you tube videos of gliders crabbing and barking. Listen for sounds they might make. It's surprising how loud these little creatures can be. Last time I found my glider because I heard a loud thump. She had jumped into an empty laundry basket. Wishing you all the best for a happy reunion!
Please help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please help!