Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ear Issue - Vet ?
Ear Issue - Vet ?
Health related
May 11 2017
03:45:25 PM
Does my sugar gliders ear look alright ? She got a new sleeping pouch a week ago that I prewashed, is the only thing different in her cage and I noticed her ears looked like there is something is going on with them small spots or dots on them but I haven't noticed any dryness. If there dirty She has access to clean water everyday water bottle and a hanging water dish on side of cage. If there dirty should I use a tip and wipe them ?

She has been to a vet a month ago and he said she is healthy . She is same playful loving self and no changes there and no scratching the ear when I see her or have her with me
Your thoughts I would appreciate it if it looks alright to you or ?

Edited by - PipersGlider on May 11 2017 03:54:18 PM
Health related
May 20 2017
05:21:41 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Sorry no one has responded to your post yet (unless they did through another thread). It's a good sign that she's not scratching her ear and it doesn't seem to be bothering her and she appears to be her normal, playful self. I really can't tell if her ears look "normal" because my gliders are darker so their ears look different. I'd be nervous about cleaning them myself though. Gliders usually do a pretty good job of grooming and cleaning themselves. But if you're worried, you could give your vet a call (or even send him a picture).
Health related
May 20 2017
05:24:43 PM
I forgot to mention that sometimes gliders react to laundry detergents and fabric softener. I try to remember to use unscented/sensitive skin laundry detergents when washing items that will come in contact with my gliders. And no fabric softer sheets in the dryer. Darn, those things smell so good
Health related
May 20 2017
05:26:45 PM
*softener
Health related
May 21 2017
08:35:43 AM
PipersGlider Glider Visit PipersGlider's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
I had change different laundry detergent but same company so I went back to the original and then I put her back in her other sleeping pouch and It looks like it's clearing up. maybe she just didn't like that new pouch and it was to stuffy or itchy even though looked great but) I never knew the dryer sheets thank you I don't use them but will keep them in mind. I use vinegar as fabric softener and that never seemed to bother her it if the vinegar is a bad idea I hope someone lets me know thank you

Edited by - PipersGlider on May 21 2017 08:42:04 AM
Health related
May 21 2017
10:55:40 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Vinegar as a fabric softener should be fine. Some people dilute vinegar for cage cleaning, and that is safe.
Health related
May 21 2017
07:44:59 PM
I agree about the vinegar. It's great to add to the washer, for disinfecting, fabric softening, and it also helps maintain colors on fabrics.
Health related
May 28 2017
12:42:20 PM
PipersGlider Glider Visit PipersGlider's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
Thank you I just now saw your reply I have switched to unscented and only vinegar also since My last post I took her to the vet and he said to let him know of any changes and he said it wasn't mites and wasn't sure what was wrong. He did put her on antibiotic for 7 days I read on another thread here to give her yogurt with the antibiotic so I been doing that.

I also read someone put baby oil on there sugar gliders ear that was dry and flaky, they said it worked. Lilly's ear isn't flaky but isn't as clear as they used to and feels a little stiffer then normal.
Would you or anyone recommend baby oil or ?
Thank you

Edited by - PipersGlider on May 28 2017 12:53:05 PM
Ear Issue - Vet ?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ear Issue - Vet ?