Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Travelling question
Travelling question
Question
May 23 2017
10:39:04 AM
So i have 2 sugar gliders, i got them about 1-2months ago and they are not fully bonded to me yet, i have to go on a business trip for 2 weeks and wont be taking them with me, they will be taken care of at home, but i was wondering if this would affect the bonding process and make it go backwards as ive just got them to get used to me
Question
May 23 2017
10:50:20 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
no one can say if it will or not.

What I will say is "bonding" with gliders is sort of like dancing, sometimes you go forward sometimes you go backwards, sometimes you go 2 steps forward and 1 back sometimes you just keep going forward.
Its a dance that doesn't end bonding continues to happen even after you think your bonded.

Losing ground can happen even if your with them everyday but you can always make up that lost ground and move forward. So even if your trip sets you back a little it's ok just begin your routine again and they will catch back up.

I was gone for 5 weeks last year, my bf was home to care for mine. It took about a week to get back into my routine when I got home. They didn't forget me while I was away they just got on a different routine, after a week or so we were back on my routine...

from now until your trip sleep with some fleece on you and when you leave have your family put the fleece in the cage, that way they have your scent even while your gone

Edited by - Leela on May 23 2017 10:52:27 AM
Question
May 23 2017
11:44:24 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
After leaving my first glider for a couple weeks (after having her for 3 months), I didn't feel like it had disturbed the momentum of bonding. She remembered me and we just kind of picked up where we left off. The idea of fleece is wise and having familiar surroundings, cage, and toys will probably help as well. It's good that you have 2 so they can keep each other company
Travelling question

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Travelling question