Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Advice please, adding food for twin joeys living with mama.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2017
09:22:39 PM
My first joeys are about 6 weeks oop and live with their mom, Bambi. I'm looking for advice about adding solid food to cage for the babies (Geronimo and Pocahontas). I feed TPG (Pet Glider) and what I've done so far is just add more to mom's dish. I started increasing her portion and protein as the babies grew in pouch and added more as they came out and have grown bigger. At this time I add about another 1/2 glider portion. Just want to see what other suggestions you might have. I didn't know if they needed something like you would give them if you were hand-raising.

They look good, alert, and growing well. Baby girl is a little smaller than brother, but not much. Is that usual? Sorry, I don't know their weights.
They've had a growth spurt the last week or 10 days and are looking more grown up every day I know the boy is coming out and exploring the cage with mom at night. I have not seen him eating solid food, but the extra portion is gone or almost gone most nights.

Thanks in advance for your help, there are so many of you who share your knowledge and experience.

This pic is really big & close! She's about 2 - 2.5 inches long, not incl tail.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 25 2017
02:15:00 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
You're doing fine. What I would do is increase the portion until there are leftovers in the morning, that way you can be sure that they all get enough food, since the joeys will eat more and more at measure that they are going to try out solid food.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 25 2017
05:49:33 PM
Jenny2017 Joey Visit Jenny2017's Photo Album 10 Posts
I will do that. Thank you for your help sjusovare!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders