GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Stealth Freedom Wheel
Stealth Freedom Wheel
Default, miscellaneous
May 26 2017
06:49:23 PM
Hi,

I don't know if everyone has heard about this, but Anita at AtticWorx (who makes the Stealth Wheel) just came out with a new wheel. She's calling it the Freedom Wheel. It's really cool.

It's the same basic design, but she and Charlie spent a boatload of money to have it made out of a single piece of plastic. So the wheel itself and the track are all one solid piece (the stand still attaches separately). It's also a harder plastic.

I actually have rats. I don't know if suggies are the same, but my rats mark everything! With the old stealth wheel, a lot of crude got trapped where the track connects to itself and also where it is jammed in the sides. But with this wheel, there's no crevice for gunk to get trapped.

So far my rats really love it.

Just wanted to spread the word.

I'll see if I can get a picture or video of my guys using it.
Default, miscellaneous
May 26 2017
07:11:19 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I've seen pics of it, it looks really promising for an affordable safe wheel. Great alternative at it's price point to the silent runner for sure.

How is to clean? can you immerse the whole thing or still have to be cautious with the bearing assembly ?
Default, miscellaneous
May 27 2017
09:51:55 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have one wheel with a crack in the lid (back plate) so my wife wants us
to take it out of cage. fearful they could get their feet stuck. and we need another wheel anyway.
So I ordered two last night. hope they are as quiet and nice as the originals.

I'll try to update this post in a few weeks.
Default, miscellaneous
May 27 2017
12:13:15 PM
susb8383 Starting Member 7 Posts
It has a plastic cap that fits over the bearings, but it isn't waterproof. So they say you can't submerge it. But the cap makes it safer from water splashing the hardware.

Yes, it's just as quiet and spins just as easily. It's awesome!
Stealth Freedom Wheel

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Stealth Freedom Wheel