Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Neutralizing a Cage Set
Neutralizing a Cage Set
Information
May 27 2017
06:10:19 PM
When setting up a neutral cage to put two gliders together, would it be best to purchase a new cage set up they both never been in or can you use both the set ups your currently are using and wash them throughly in the washing machine and rinsed in vinegar to remove and scent of both glides so you can add it to one cage for both of them ?

Edited by - PipersGlider on May 27 2017 06:12:10 PM
Information
May 28 2017
12:05:25 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we cleaned up one cage. all the bars, door, floors, etc. also the toys.
we washed the cage fleece sets in the wash. My wife makes up a (i think) water/vinegar mix she got off a website, uses that to clean cage and toys.

this has worked on the 4 introductions we have done.
Information
May 28 2017
12:32:37 PM
PipersGlider Glider Visit PipersGlider's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
Thank you foe letting me know, I appreciate it and glad it works and glad it can work on toys too.
Information
Aug 13 2017
03:22:45 AM
sahana.kargi Joey Visit sahana.kargi's Photo Album 37 Posts
You don't have to purchase a new set. Just a thorough wash should be fine. You can also use a 50/50 vinegar and water mix, but I don't think it's needed.
Good luck:)
Information
Feb 10 2018
05:10:43 AM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
That’s what we have done for our new introductions. The first time before I was educated in the cage settings for after new intros I put the favorite toys from the smaller cage into the larger one then multiple pouches and basically mixed all the toys and it’s the one introduction where there aren’t random fights. This last introduction I put them into a nuetral cage and they seemed to intent on marking it and deciding whose cage it was. It was strange, as if one scent had to claim it more than the other.
Neutralizing a Cage Set

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Neutralizing a Cage Set