Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food
Food
Information
May 27 2017
08:20:40 PM
Just curious if sugar gliders can eat peaches? And are any foods off limits to them besides chocolate, onion and garlic? Thanks
Information
May 27 2017
10:34:33 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Peaches yes with the stone removed, if it's on the allowed list for what ever diet your feeding. For Bml feeders, no not for meals but the occasional treat or snack is fine.

No nuts or seeds ( in my opinion ) it's not that they are toxic but they don't get broke down enough for gliders to digest them. They are also usually high in fat.

Raw Lima beans are toxic, frozen lima beans are fine. Lima beans have cyanide in them when they are raw, cooking releases the cyanide. Odds are you'll never see raw lima beans unless you grow them yourself, they are not only deadly to gliders but to humans as well.

rhubarb is toxic

coffee tea are no's as well

I don't advise feeding raw sweet potato it has an protein inhibitor enzyme that is neutralized during cooking.

Edited by - Leela on May 27 2017 10:36:10 PM
Information
May 27 2017
11:42:16 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thank you so much! I had heard nuts were hard to digest but I certainly didn't know about raw Lima beans. Would that include edamame? (they seem similar).
Information
May 28 2017
07:45:24 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Information
May 28 2017
03:59:50 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Great, thank you!
Food

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food