Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Getting sugar gliders to get along questions!
Question
May 27 2017
09:21:28 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forums so i'll just start up with hello all! o/

Around November I adopted a female glider a few days after out of pouch. Her name is Mei ling! Mei ling eats a BML diet with vegis on the side. She is currently in a very large cage because I planned on getting Mei ling a friend.. well what do you know I found her one!... or two.

So a few days ago I came across a pair of gliders, Delilah and Sampson. Sister and brother, about a year old so I was told. They both get along pretty well so I jumped on the deal for a medium size cages lots of toys, pouches and both the gliders for close to nothing and they are also sprayed.

Right now I have them cage next to cage and am in the works of swapping bedding/pouches between cages every 3 days.

Questions begin!!!

So i'll begin with..

How do I know if they're sprayed?

What's my best bet for getting Mei ling and the 2 brother and sister to get along?Should I do it in pairs or all 3 of them together?

When is it okay to start caging them together?

How do I get them to share their food? Mei ling eats her food here and there, Sampson hogs the food and Delilah I feel like doesn't get a chance to have some frozen BML diet based cubes which makes me nervous because that's where all the proteins are.

What's my best bet on getting Sampson and Delilah to bonding with me considering they're over a year old?

Thank you for all the anwsers and help, hope to be hearing back :)

Question
May 28 2017
12:29:55 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
What's my best bet for getting Mei ling and the 2 brother and sister to get along?Should I do it in pairs or all 3 of them together?

we followed all the introduction steps, cages together, swap pouches and toys.
we put one and one in bathtub, after they had some time together (if things went well) we added the 3rd glider. On the few times they didn't get along the first time, we switch things up and still did one on one but used a different glider to start, then added more gliders.

When is it okay to start caging them together?

The ONLY time we didn't keep them caged after introductions was when we did 6 and 2. we let them sleep together at daytime, but for 3 nights put them back into separate cages. but if your doing 3 gliders total, then if they except each other, I would put them all in neutral cage and watch them carefully for a day or 2. specially the first few hours they are awake.
If your question is when to do introductions, I think its always better to be safe then sorry and let them be close in cages for a few weeks. try introductions, if they fight give them another week and try again.

How do I get them to share their food? Mei ling eats her food here and there, Sampson hogs the food and Delilah I feel like doesn't get a chance to have some frozen BML diet based cubes which makes me nervous because that's where all the proteins are.

I would make up 2 kitchens and put half the food in each one, and put them in different parts of cage. for more extreme problem I would give one a chance to eat with the other one not around.

What's my best bet on getting Sampson and Delilah to bonding with me considering they're over a year old?

I would do the same stuff as any glider, bonding pouch, petting, treats, time in playroom/tent.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat