Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My baby doesn't seem to like her food
Food, Diet
Jun 16 2017
10:31:29 PM
So I'm having problems with our sugar glider not eating her staple we are using the recipe from glider kids

Glider Kids Wombaroo Staple
Ratio 2.19:1 Calcium 16.14 mg Phos 7.38 mg
Protein 0.46 g Sugar 4.04 g Iron O.05 mg
Fat 0.20 g Fiber 0.04 g

1-1/2 cup Honey
2 cups Water
3 Large Eggs - Cooked
1/2 cup Wombaroo High Protein Supplement
1 TBS Bee Pollen Granules
3/4 tsp Now Brand Calcium Carbonate Powder

Each Batch makes about 4.5 cups = 108 two tsp servings

She is getting this along with one fruit and one veggie each night we started this diet about two months ago she seemed to be eating it fine now she won't hardly touch it some nights it seems she's not eating it at all. Any advice would be great I'm so worried
It also seems watery when it thaws out I followed the recipe just like on the site not sure if that's how it's supposed to be. I am also using the hpw powder from pampered gliders if any of this helps.
Food, Diet
Jun 17 2017
01:58:17 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
i do a very similar diet. Original HPW with wombaroo. I just dont put in the calcium, I asked around and was told this did not need more calcium since the OHPW does not call for it. we have many gliders on this diet, we have had one death to a glider we believe was older when we got her but don't have an exact age. she moved much slower then the other gliders from day one. we had her for a year.
I put in a veggie/fruit mix from the critterlove web page, about 3 fruits and 4 veggies and some mix of leafs. I think 24 grams per glider. and OHPW is 1 table spoon for 2 gliders.
Ours will eat up most of veggies and lots of ohpw. some days more some days less. they all seem happy and healthy, lots of wheel and cage running at night.

well heck, i miss read. our recipe calls for 1/4 cup Wombaroo. NOT 1/2 cup, 1/2 is only for pregnant females.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Jun 17 2017 02:02:04 AM
Food, Diet
Jun 17 2017
08:24:14 AM
DelightfullyMad Joey Visit DelightfullyMad's Photo Album 45 Posts
Oh no so should I switch to a 1/4 cup? And is it normal for it to look watery after it thaws and not thick like her last diet

And she didn't eat any of it at all again lAst night just her fruit and veggies

Edited by - DelightfullyMad on Jun 17 2017 08:25:09 AM
Food, Diet
Jun 17 2017
12:47:09 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
Just wondering, is she getting treats during the day? I noticed that mine weren't eating their breakfast so I stopped giving the treats so freely. Also is she by herself? How long have you had her? Is depression a possibility? Is she active at night? Just trying to help narrow it down and figure out what the problem is.
Food, Diet
Jun 17 2017
10:28:39 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
our ohpw is mostly honey and water, so looks like ice cream frozen and looks like melted ice cream when melted, nice and watery.

I would say follow your diet as close as you can, if your not happy you can switch diets, but try not to alter them. so if it says 1/2 then keep with that.
Food, Diet
Jun 22 2017
12:20:20 PM
DelightfullyMad Joey Visit DelightfullyMad's Photo Album 45 Posts
She is the only one and super active at night we have had her a little over a year and she doesn't get any treats since she stopped eating her staple and she only eats at night she also doesn't bark at night unless there is a loud noise
Food, Diet
Jun 22 2017
02:58:37 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
It's good that she is active. Have you given any thought to getting her a friend? Even if she isn't depressed now, (could be though since she isn't eating) she would probably be much happier with a friend. When I bought my first one, the breeder didn't tell me they did better in pairs.(they were just desperate to make a sale) he stopped eating and I got him a buddy. Completely solved the problem. :)
Food, Diet
Jun 22 2017
07:52:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DelightfullyMad

She is the only one and super active at night we have had her a little over a year and she doesn't get any treats since she stopped eating her staple and she only eats at night she also doesn't bark at night unless there is a loud noise

For $20 you can get a digital scale at walmart or many other big stores. Wieght your glider in grams. then if your really worried just weight her every few nights and record the results. weight loss is bad, but look for a continued drop. gliders dont eat much overall.
Our new glider 2-3 years old runs on wheel for long times, first few nights we switched him to OPHW he eat it up good. this morning I noticed he didnt touch fruits and veggies and OHPW looks very full.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Jun 22 2017 07:53:36 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders