GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Constipated
Constipated
Health related
Jun 26 2017
07:00:24 AM
Hello friends!
My Guen has been straining to go poo the past couple of days. I can't give a ton of info because we are struggling with some serious issues these past couple of weeks plus my sister got married yesterday, so I've been incredibly busy/neglectful.

I gave her watermelon and cantaloupe the past two nights, and pumpkin but she probably didn't eat it because she doesn't really care for pumpkin.

This morning I finally got to play with them and checked her cloaca, which is mildly swollen. Sorry, no pictures. I was clipping nails, too, and life has just been so stressful I haven't been able to think straight.

Anyway, should I schedule a vet appointment now or keep up with the juicy fruit and just check her to make sure it doesn't get worse? I tend to overreact, that's why I'm looking for a few opinions from others who know gliders. Thanks!
Health related
Jun 26 2017
07:50:02 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Constipation is a symptom of something else, usually diet/snack related.

what diet and snacks as she had?
Health related
Jun 26 2017
08:21:16 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
The critter love with salads but with how crazy things have been her fruits have been mostly just apple until 2 days ago. I thought it might just be she isn't getting her fluids because we haven't had the cantaloupe we usually give
Health related
Jun 26 2017
09:29:01 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
ok apple has natural pectin in it as well as fiber that's probably the cause if its not normally fed that frequently.

Watermelon, cucumber even some citrus like oranges to help loosen up her poo to make it easier to go, yogurt with live culture as well will help flush her system and give her some good bacteria in her stomach. Skip any "treats" n just offer her these until she poos

Monitor her closely if she still doesn't poo take her in to the vet

Edited by - Leela on Jun 26 2017 09:31:52 AM
Health related
Jun 26 2017
09:35:42 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Ok thanks! You know I tend to overreact...
Health related
Jun 26 2017
09:38:06 AM
lol for as much as I've learned about medial stuff from other peoples gliders, I still get a "panic" when I see something off with my own. Nothin wrong with worryin just don't let it control the situation. Keem us posted I hope it helps quickly
Constipated

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Constipated