Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Exercise wheels
Exercise wheels
Information
Jun 29 2017
08:03:30 AM
I'm looking for an additional exercise wheel and am wondering if anyone has some suggestions. I've heard Raptor and Stealth are good ones. Currently I have a silent runner wheel from Exotic Nutrition which has been great. But I'm thinking of getting a different one this time for variety. Thanks in advance!
Information
Jun 29 2017
09:46:22 AM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Tiakristin3

I'm looking for an additional exercise wheel and am wondering if anyone has some suggestions. I've heard Raptor and Stealth are good ones. Currently I have a silent runner wheel from Exotic Nutrition which has been great. But I'm thinking of getting a different one this time for variety. Thanks in advance!

I got a Raptor wheel. Had the Silent Runner but wanted wider and easier to clean. They loooove the Raptor wheel! http://www.mygliderwheelsandmore.com/shop-for-wheels.html
Information
Jun 29 2017
10:26:43 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I currently have several wheels... so here's my opinions.

Raptors, are good, well made wheels, I've had 2 for a while now. However if your in a hurry to get it David is sometimes very slow to get them sent out ( can take a few months ) depending on how backed up he is. He is a very reputable vendor, but has health issues and makes the wheels to order so sometimes it takes a while.

Custom Cruiser is probably my favorite wheel especially if your looking for "different". Bourbon is super fast at shipping them out usually within a day or two of your order, her customer service is superb.

My one dislike of the wheel is the floor stand I prefer wall mounts. There is a safety reason for the floor stand, it makes the wheel 6 inches off the floor
( which all wheels should be ) BUT The floor stand needs secured to the bottom grate and wall and it gets gross very fast!

As far as quality of the wheel this one is top notch!! the track is coated stainless steel and really holds up well, easy to clean.

Fast track Pretty good wheel, different mesh for the track it's not square it's diamond shaped that's my one dislike of it. I've not bought from the vendor mine came to me used, but I've heard their customer service is lacking.

Stealth I was just recently given a stealth with my newest refugee. It's a decent wheel and the only one that will fit in a PP cage easily. I'm not a fan of the eye hooks on the xmount but that is more of a personal preference. So far I like it, it's quiet but does have a narrower track than my others.

There is also a newwwwwwww wheel on the market called the freedom wheel that looks very promising. I believe its the same vendor that makes the stealth wheels.

Information
Jun 29 2017
07:35:29 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I have all Fast Track wheels from Spin Global. I just ordered a treadmill from them. I don't believe that the CS is lacking, they're just busy and it takes a while.
Information
Jun 30 2017
02:26:51 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions! Very much appreciated!!
Information
Jul 05 2017
10:22:23 PM
nakago Starting Member 3 Posts
I just picked up a Stealth Freedom wheel and so far it’s pretty great. The gliders seem to love it and how easily it spins. They can easily go a full 7-10 rotations after they stop running. Recently I noticed they discovered if they move a few steps at the top of the last spin they can keep it going another turn.
Information
Jul 06 2017
12:56:38 AM
Good to know, thank you. I've been curious about the new freedom wheel so it's nice to get some positive feedback.
Information
Jul 06 2017
01:32:54 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
i just got 2 new wheels from artic worxs, called freedom wheels.
they are ONE piece so this seems like it will help in longevity.
So far I have had them about 1-2 months and they are working great.
Information
Jul 06 2017
09:27:34 PM
Awesome! I was actually cleaning her current wheel and managed to lose a few of the parts, so I guess there's no time like the present for a new wheel
Information
Jul 06 2017
09:32:08 PM
Just curious, can any of the suggested wheels be mounted on the side of the cage?
Information
Jul 07 2017
05:37:16 PM
nakago Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Tiakristin3

Just curious, can any of the suggested wheels be mounted on the side of the cage?

Yes, the Freedom has two small hooks on the mount and comes with four zip ties. Additionally there are two bolts that come with it should your cage be a little smaller than the standard bolt. As for the hooks, they’re pretty small and don’t seem like they would do much on their own (installation instructions confirm this), but the zip ties have it nice and snug. I highly recommend you measure your cage prior to ordering this wheel as it’s a bit larger than most. It was a tight fit even getting into a Congo size cage.

The single piece means it is much easier to clean and neutralize any urine odor.

There is another model that comes with a pvc stand instead of a side mount. Both are on Amazon and ship with prime if you have it.

Edited by - nakago on Jul 07 2017 05:38:00 PM
Information
Jul 07 2017
05:59:09 PM
I actually do have a Congo cage so it's good to know that would work. Thanks so much.
Exercise wheels

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Exercise wheels