Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
bonding pouch help
bonding pouch help
Question
Jul 04 2017
12:02:27 PM
Hi there! This is my first post here, so I'll do my best to make it make sense.

A little over two years ago, my mom bought a pair of suggies while I was away at college. She brought them home, they got named Vladimir and Natasha (Romanoff), and everyone loved them, for the first few months at least. My mom bonded properly with them and my dad did his best, but my siblings got scared off by their noises and occasional nips. Every time I would come home for a break from school, I would do my best to bond with them, but leaving for months 4+ months at a time means that we never fully get to bond and I have to repeat the whole process again when I get home for the summer, winter, etc.

Mom still takes care of them, but no one plays with them much except for me, so they are coming to live with me this year. Only issue is, the bonding process is taking a lot longer this time, which is fine, we move at their pace, but I want to get that bond back up before I move them across the state.

I've been following along with most everything listed in the how to's for bonding, but I can't get them into a bonding pouch for the life of me. They'll climb right into their old bonding pouch, but it has been chewed to near shreds and they won't go near the new ones that my mom buys.

I was thinking that since I already make their bedding, I could make them a bonding pouch and maybe they would be more open to using it since it already smells like the environment? Only issue here is that I have no idea where to get material for the little screen bit. I've discovered that they Really don't like being outside their cage without having the option to look out, so I'm at a bit of a standstill with them right now. Any ideas on where to get some glider safe mesh/screen for a bonding pouch?

Edited by - Alice8341 on Jul 04 2017 12:18:15 PM
Question
Jul 04 2017
05:29:37 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
You can get it a Lowe's or Home Depot.I think it is called pet screen. You have to buy the whole role, its enough for a screen door.

Have you tried cutting their old pouch up into squares and putting them into the new pouch?
Question
Jul 05 2017
11:34:53 AM
Sallyk Starting Member 5 Posts
I made my pouches and bought the mesh at Joann's. I believe it is called critter screen.
bonding pouch help

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
bonding pouch help