Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Normal bonding?
Normal bonding?
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 19 2017
02:19:52 AM
Hi everyone I'm a new momma and grandma! My daughter and I got our babies on Saturday "eevee and bean " we have been packing them in their bonding pouch the last day and a half. Last night I was able to pet eevee in her cage when I put them back but tonight I was able to sit and pet both of them for quite a while , while they ate. When they moved around tonight I left my hand still in their cage once they started moving around. Bean climbed up my arm and onto my wrist and started to lick and then nibble (more like grooming not really a bite) after a while I decided to move slowly to the wire ledge to get him off so I could go to bed. My true question is , is this normal for gaining trust or was it just luck and things will get worse before they get better? Not going to complain, I loved it!!
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 19 2017
03:26:50 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
by putting your hand in front of them and not moving it, you are giving them the option to explore you. Instead of trying to grab them, which will make them think you are attacking them.
Our sweet pea has the same personality. if I grab for her she runs. If i just put my hand in front of her, she will actually climb on it from time to time.
We have other gliders that are bonded well enough to pick up or offer them your hand and they will happily jump on us.

sounds like you got a great start going, I'm sure they may act differently at different times. but a great start.
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 19 2017
08:52:20 PM
Beanmom Starting Member 0 Posts
This morning while getting ready to put the two babies in their pouch I didn't realize eevee was awake when I went to grab bean! Eevee escaped, climbed up my belly,onto my shoulder and in my hair. She was pretty slow and just exploring, tried to get her to slowly hop on the cage and back in , part of it went well but she ended up exploring my daughters whole room before I put a blanket over her in the closet! She could of cared less that she was out but I was a wreck!
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 20 2017
02:05:56 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we added Riggs to our group, he would jump right from cage to my shoulder. Ain't that sweet, he wants to be with ..... wait, he just jumped to the floor and headed down the hall to the bedrooms....dang. close cage door (so others dont get out) and head down hall after him before he hides. bugger.
when not bonded they move fast, run fast and dart quickly. seems our bonded ones don't move near that fast, if they jump off me I can get them easy. They also learn to stay in cage.

ALL LINED UP FOR TREAT TIME.

Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 20 2017
03:55:03 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Sounds like you have some easy going gliders. Some are easier to bond with than others.

BKY_Chainsaw's story reminded me of something that happen to me once. I have 3 gliders and my sister has 4. My gliders are all bonded and easy going. Hers on the other hand are a little more of a pain. Especially Rose. Rose was one of the first and originally belonged to my brother. Well he didn't socialize her much so she was known to bite. Well she got out of the cage once and my sister was like "sis come here quick I need help!" I open my door to see Rose hopping happily down the hallway and my sister following behind freaking out. She was too scared to grab her because she didn't want to be bitten. Well Rose got to the end of the hall, turned around and hopped all the way back to my sisters room and back into her cage. It was too funny. Especially the way Rose slowly, and calmly hopped like a little rabbit down the hall.

If yours get out, don't panic or freak out. Calmly try to get them back. Throwing a blanket on them can help if they aren't comfortable with you.
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 21 2017
11:45:03 PM
Beanmom Starting Member 0 Posts
Tonight our two babies to our spare bedroom, no cats Or dogs ! Let both eevee and bean out of their pouch and proceeded to let them climb and explore on me! It was so amazing I called my husband in to enjoy, and then he called our daughter, before we knew it they were both climbing on all of us! It was the best experience ever!
Gift exchange, Birthdays
Jul 22 2017
05:40:29 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I'm glad you are enjoying it! If you glider proof that room then you can do that regularly without worry. It's a ton of fun playing with them and watching them explore.
Normal bonding?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Normal bonding?