Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Sugar Glider is acting kinda weird.... help please!
Health related
Jul 19 2017
09:52:03 PM
Hi!
I'll be honest.. I had absolutely no idea what to call this. Anyway, I have 2 sugar gliders. A few months ago, my baby passed away from an unknown diesiese thing. And, confession : ( this makes me cringe) I never took my other buggies to the vet after my other sugar glider passed I know, I know, it's bad. Now I'm starting to see just how bad. Comet has slept in my shirt for a while now, even though whenever he and his brothers decide playtime is too early, they normally start booking it to my closet to sleep. But tonight, he came to me and tried to sleep on the inside of my elbow. No pouch, not even inside my shirt. he made the clicking noise, which I guess is good? Right now he is sleeping inside my shirt clicking, btw. it's just that him, sleeping there, my elbow is unusual for him. He seems to be just.... different. I have no idea how, but.. think of it this way: our sugar gliders are our babies, right? in a way? you kinda get so accustomed to how they normally act and just, are, that you notice when something is different. Does that make any sense? Anyway, i guess he's acting kinda like opi did before his passing. Which is setting of 16 loud shop alarms in my brain, and no cops are coming to tell me what's going on ( if that makes sense). Also, he's got these things I can only describe as scabs on his head scent gland. they started as what looked like little cuts / indents and then they kinda changed into this. So would should i do? take him to the vet? is there even anything wrong?and if there is, what in the world would i do if he needed medicine or surgery or something? i have no idea what to do. am i just being paranoid? ( sorry if i am)
Health related
Jul 20 2017
02:00:06 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
if your worried. take him to a vet.
Health related
Jul 20 2017
05:38:04 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Agreed with BYK. Take him to the vet.
Make sure he's not dehydrated and for my own piece of mind I'd probably just have him lick yogurt off my finger (just because I know it's good for tummies and I'd feel like I had to do something!).
Good luck I hope he's ok.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders