Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Im scared but probably dont need to be help?
Health related
Jul 21 2017
12:12:33 AM
I recently adopted two lovely babies. The seller i think lied about being 7 months old as the wife slipped and said they had them for years. It appeared as they were mainly fed pellets, mealworms, and maybe some fruit and veggie. I am not sure but definitely not the way i have been. They bonded rather immediately which is kinda how i am with animals often (pride). Here is the worry. I am using The Pet Glider TPG diet however have been alternating the food until i foundwhat works best through research. Also getting fresh fruits and veggies (though not too keen on beggies. Mealworms were one a day till i read its ok to give them some more than that. Cage clean everyday, bonding pouch hours a day. Yet the last couple nights (only had them a week) they mainly just stick to me and dont really jump around. I made a room with blankets and even boughta cat tower to jump around.

My suspicions are; 1. They are adjusting to the new home and ive moved and rearranged a lot. 2. They are adjusting to the new diet. 3. Maybe they just are docile personalities cause they seem happy and loving and go in my pockets or ride around on my back. Kinda as if they just like to sit on me and im the source of trust. I put my bed near the cage because at night when they cant see me they call for me. And at least one of them is running in the wheel at night and both run around the cage. 4. They are sick, though ive looked that up. Fluffy tails, ears go up, soft fur that isnt broken apart. Not dragging legs or twitching. Eyes are clear. I basically went all hypervigilant. But im scared to death. Logically it appears like they just want to be with me and like being on me. They will run around me and i can get them to play but they just like jumping to me and hanging out. However, arent these guys suppose to be little energetic typhoons??? They like to clean themselves in my pockets too which i think is a good sign.

Conclusion; should i continue freaking out or is this just their personalities, or at least till they get comfortable in the new house. Btw lots of smells, birds and cats live down here and dogs visit. I am truly scared im doing aomething wrong though and they are gonna die!?? New development. Theyve been on me while i wrote this and now are running all around me. Still though
Health related
Jul 21 2017
12:27:31 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
sounds pretty normal to me.
can depend on day and night. day time sleep, slow, dont do anything but maybe groom. night time is fun time.

if worried take them to a vet, good to find a vet you can trust.
we got to our second vet and found the one we liked and knew gliders very well.
will be good for them so see a vet, you can be more sure about their health.

sophie comes out of cage, i give her about 4 mealworms (on my days off of work) then she just hangs with me for a few hours, maybe goes back to sleep or grooms in my shirt. then about midnight or 1 am she is ready to go back into cage, if I offer her the cage earlier she stays on me.
Gus will run around my shoulders looking all around, if I sit with him he will just want to jump off me and run around.
Link wants his mealworms then wants back in cage, doesn't like sitting with me for long.
gizmo will stay with my wife for hours, maybe all day at times.
Health related
Jul 21 2017
05:00:17 PM
Happy Jay Whisper Man Starting Member 3 Posts
Thanks so much. I often worry a bit too much. Good to know they are fine.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders