Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Disappeared baby
Disappeared baby
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 22 2017
10:13:22 AM
Three days ago my female glider was hanging on the front of the cage and I noticed movement in her pouch I was very excited. But last night when I was checking on her I didn't see any movement and her pouch doesn't seem to be swollen like it was I checked the cage for the baby but I don't see anything what could have happened? Can she still be pregnant and hiding it she's still hiding and acting pregnant, or did she lose the baby? Any advice is appreciated these are my first gliders I've only had them for about 5 months
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 23 2017
05:39:34 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I'm no expert but I think she's either hiding them or ate them... It's more likely they are hidden because I would think youyou would find a part of an eaten baby.

I could be wrong so hopefully someone who has had this happen can help you.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 25 2017
11:15:50 AM
Newglidermom921 Starting Member 3 Posts
thank you so much I really hope she's hiding them. I would be so sad if she ate them. I have read up on all the extra dietary needs of a pregnant glider and have upped her protein and calcium intake just in case she is still pregnant. fingers crossed Im praying nothing has gone wrong and she didn't eat them but there is no evidence of that, ie blood, remains, ect. ...that's crazy that they can hide the babies like that, what amazing little creatures!!
Now once the babies are born and weened is it better to put them in their own cage or can they live with mom and dad?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 25 2017
12:17:19 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
They can stay with mom and dad IF all males are neutered. Otherwise you will be risking inbreeding and unhealthy new joeys.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 25 2017
11:43:47 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I had a sugar glider, Jack, die. Well apparently before his death he managed to get Rose pregnant. She was a single mom but her kids, Aang and Kiwii, actually helped take care of the babies. Aang was only six months old at the time so he wasn't nuetered, but he has since been nuetered.

The reason I told you this is so you know that if you have more than just the mom and dad then they will get along just fine. There is no need to separate the babies unless the parents are harming/rejecting them.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 26 2017
07:23:02 AM
Newglidermom921 Starting Member 3 Posts
Thank you
Disappeared baby

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Disappeared baby