Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Swollen cloaca in baby!!
Swollen cloaca in baby!!
Health related
Jul 27 2017
01:48:37 AM
Hi all, I'm a new member of this website and a mother of my baby, Lolli. She's over 1 month old.

In the evening of 20th July I noticed her cloaca has swollen up. She made a bit of noises when she goes to the toilet and kept licking it so the area was always wet.

Although it didn't seem to be that bad until the next day, the part has swollen even more and she made louder noise when she does her business and still did her licking. Thank god she still eats fine and as energetic as she is.

So in the very early morning of 22nd July I took her to a vet (known to be the best exotic pet vet in bangkok). He didn't seem to worry about it at all. He gave her antibiotics and pain reliever for until 25th July.

From 22nd to 25th she didn't get better AT ALL. Still eats fine and goes to the toilet alright but still makes noises and licks. The area is always wet she doesn't look clean and fluffy as she used to.

To the vet again on 25th. This time they tested her poop and there was nothing wrong with it. They told me to carry on with the same meds and will have to go back there again on 1st August. I asked how long it should take for her to recover. They said about one week. Well iIt's been exactly one week and she's still the same. I'm quite worried about her.

Here are my questions;
1. Anyone knows what else I could do to help her get better?
2. Anyone ever experienced this?
3. Do you know how long it should take for this to go away?
4. My baby pees herself during her sleep, is that normal? (I asked the vet and he said it's normal because she's only a baby)

Please share your information and help me and Lolli get through this. I'm very new to this. Lolli is my first sugar glider baby and I love her very much. Thanks guys.
Health related
Jul 27 2017
02:03:47 AM
pageploy Starting Member Visit pageploy's Photo Album 2 Posts

This is how it looked before

This is how it looks now :(

I hope so much for her to get better real soon... I feel terrible seeing her like this :'(

Edited by - pageploy on Jul 27 2017 02:04:15 AM
Health related
Jul 28 2017
12:24:25 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
I'm surprised the vet doesnt seem worried, she obviously has some kind of UTI and the antibiotics should have kicked of by now, perhaps it needs some other kind of antibiotics.
In the meantime, did you try to clean her with a wet cloth?
Swollen cloaca in baby!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Swollen cloaca in baby!!