GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Opinions on TPG vs GOHPW
Opinions on TPG vs GOHPW
Food, Diet
Jul 28 2017
11:20:43 AM
Hey all,

I just brought home a couple joeys from a breeder who advised trying out the GOHPW diet. For those who might not know, GOHPW basically replaces most of the honey in OHPW with green juice such as Bolthouse. I typically use TPG, which as many know can be a little time and money consuming, depending on how complex you make it. I have so far written off any HPW diets due to some of the negative experiences I have read from other owners.

So, I guess Im looking for pros and cons or any personal experiences anyone would like to share concerning GOHPW vs TPG diets. Is either better? Pretty much comparing apples to apples? Thanks!
Food, Diet
Aug 01 2017
02:32:35 AM
Peonia Joey Visit Peonia's Photo Album 22 Posts
I believe you should try each alone and see, no matter how much you hear about other peoples experiences I think that each sugar glider reacts different to it, the main thing is that it includes calcium and secondly no skin breaks or fur breaks mostly if your gliders are hyper and happy after eating it means they love it and its good for them and that's a good sign but if they start to hiss when they poop it means that its not working well for them, that's how I knew that my glider wasn't doing well with her diet I noticed she hiss but nothing comes out when she poops or squeaks in pain, so I made serious changes right away from both HPW and BMI diets and made her my own version mix of those and a little a bit of tpg veggie salads with vitamin sprinkles she loves it so much because its something new to eat from time to time but the mix is what I depend on for her food to eat every morning its been doing wonders with her and substituting water with cranberry juice twice a week..
Opinions on TPG vs GOHPW

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Opinions on TPG vs GOHPW