Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Veggies
Veggies
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2017
08:19:13 PM
I just discovered that my little suggie loves broccoli and green beans. So far she's been eating them cooked but I'm wondering if raw is ok? Thanks in advance.
Food, Diet
Aug 06 2017
03:31:20 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I buy frozen peas, green beans, mixed veggies from the store, I think they are raw. I mix them up, keep them frozen until I put on plate and serve at night.
(I also mix up with other frozen items.)
Food, Diet
Aug 06 2017
08:28:54 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
raw broccoli or green beans are fine, most people don't feed broccoli to much tho it's pretty gassy even for gliders.

Frozen veg isn't raw. Vegetables are blanched prior to freezing... boiled for 3 minutes then shocked in ice water for 3 minutes. The blanching process kills bacteria and stops enzyme activity that can spoil food. Then they're flash frozen, which tends to preserve nutrients

If you were to freeze raw veg it wouldn't last as long as blanched veg does.

Frozen fruit on the other hand is usually frozen from the raw state and doesn't go through the blanching process.
Food, Diet
Aug 06 2017
09:11:39 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Great suggestions and info! Thank you both very much!!
Veggies

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Veggies